From over 8 hours to 7 mins!
Drawing a part of a level in Miko Adventures: Puffball
Here is some behind the scenes
From over 8 hours to 7 mins!
- Added a new level (WIP)
- Changed camera zoom.
- New graphical improvements to the locks, switches and most
of the puzzle elements.
- More optimization to the game (stable fps)
- New puzzle concepts added
- “Electromagniod” ability is much more stable to use.
- Changed the density of some movable objects.
- Better physics all over the game.
- Hundreds of graphic improvements all over the game (god
rays - lighting - vibrant colors - etc…).
- Smoother animations.
- Added new monsters and objects to deal with in the levels.
- Added new portals and new cool secrets to discover.
- Each level will have a separate name giving the world depth.
- Video tutorials (to show how to interact - how to play).
- A lot more story elements for Miko and what’s is the origins
of this world he got stuck in.
- Achievements system.
- Finishing level 4 - 5 -6 and 7 (ideas are there, what’s left is
just making it happen).
- overall improvements all around the game (polishing).
Stuff to look at:-
- Creating a diary with the monsters and descriptions of each like how to deal with them, weak points and other stuff, but it might not happen but it’s under ideas…
All screenshots are WIP but please … enjoy
What you’re doing is awesome. It looks graphically stunning and very fun to play. I would love to play a demo.
@erdo thank you so much!
The demo will be released with the game release which Hopefully will be this year … I hope
Added smooth camera zooming … makes the game much more interesting and atmospheric.
Enjoy a sneak peak
Note: All what you see in this video is in early WORK IN PROGRESS …
Just curious: How do you decide how and why zooming occurs? Invisible objects in the path? Coordinates? Items?
And yeah based on the scene, items, invisible objects in the path, enemies position and more … it’s kinda tricky and needs lots of testing to get it right or the right position.
Also based on the scene means sometimes there is an epic moment or a cool thing in the level (like in the video) then I use zoom to show the player how cool is it or how massive it is (the level is called “Forest Of The Deep Giants” so yeah there is big stuff in this level to show the player … it adds a bit of emotion and atmosphere to the game.
This zooming technique is used in games like Hollow knight, Ori and the will of the wisps, etc…
Performance nightmare ... a small but helpful story (you can share yours too) :)
Very nice. Keep going!!!
I just released a long gameplay from inside Miko Adventures: Puffball
“Music and soundfx will be added in the future”
Hope you enjoy what you see so far
So fluid and colorful I love it
Awesome to see it there, thank a lot : )
He has been for a long time tho
Ah, sure but now is like featured, big banner and links, thats what i mean.
Love seeing the progress of this project. Can’t wait for it completed
I think you should work on the contrast between the platforms and the background of the first environment.
You did it so well in the second environment.