What is your favorite game type?

Just to know, hat is your favorite game type?
Tell why (if you want) :smiley:

I wish I could have voted RPG and strategy, because they are both super awesome, although my favourite game ever is probably Unreal Tournament 2004, which is an FPS, but Unreal is the only FPS series I ever liked.

RPGs are awesome because they include games like Nethack, Ragnarok (DOS game), Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, Castle of the Winds. All these roguelikes are great.

Strategy games like Civ and Age of Empires and Warzone 2100 have wasted many hours of my time too though. :stuck_out_tongue:

It largely depends on my mood, but there are higher chances Iโ€™d play platformer than any other game.

What are your favourite platformers ever?

2D or 3D? If 2D I think itโ€™d be Jazz Jackrabbit series, for 3D I think Rayman series would be my fav.

I vote RPG because I love to play RPG games, but the truth is that I enjoy to do 2D side-scrollers more than build RPG games.

So, the complete answer is:

RPG for the fun of play
2D side-scrollers for the fun of make

:wink:

the leaders in this vote require story telling tools that are currently not out-of-the-box in GD.

Not as much as multimedia fusion and the rpg maker engines-
in MMF a built in interpreter makes it relatively easy to set up cut scenes from an easy to translate and edit external text file containing all dialogue. :smiley:
In rpg maker- well that is the bread and butter of rpg maker!

concerning the vote- I like action adventure rpg games- like zelda. I like telling a story in a new world

Depends on my mood. Sometimes I want to immerse myself in something story driven, other times I prefer raw action. A big sucker for sci-fi games, regardless of genre.