"Unexpected end of file" project build error

I have been struggling with this problem for the second day in a row, I have already reviewed all possible forums and topics, tried everything, nothing works. All files are in order, variables are written properly. A week ago, everything worked, but after I added some scenes and global variables, everything stopped working. The game starts by itself, I cannot export it.

As soon as I try to export in any form, I immediately get an error “Unexpected end of file”. Help, I don't know what to do anymore.

Do some basic checks.

  • Your game run as expected in all devices?
  • If you’re exporting to webservice check you have a good connection.
  • Try to close GDevelop then run as Administrator and try to build.
  • Add an exception in your Firewall if you’re in Windows7/11.
  • If you have an antivirus try to disable during the export the re enable.

Thank you, now I will try to carry out some shenanigans.

I figured it out! It was all about the large size of the video file, it takes 463 MB. Once I removed it, the project was able to build.

1 Like

General heads up, there is a rough project size limit when using the external build server. Anything past ~100mb and you’re going to want to build your game locally instead. Publish your game to Windows, macOS and Linux manually using Electron and Electron Builder [GDevelop wiki]