Power-ups For a Metroidvania

Hi there i am new to these forums but i’ve been using Gdevelop for a while now and have been wanting to make a metroidvania called AngeryMan about a Really angry stick man who must to save the multiverse from an evil cosmic entity only known as The Shadow King and its cohorts and the thing is i want to have a dash a teleport a grappling hook a wall slide a wall jump a double jump a triple jump some kind of projectile and a thrown item in my game as abilities the player can use… how would i go about making these abilities and the items that give them to the player let alone make them persist when moving from scene to scene i’m sorry if i sound a lil’ out of it as i’m very tired at the moment so i guess i’ll be back tomorrow

1 Like

Just use global variables. For example set a global variable triplejump to 1 to unlock it. Don’t forget to use some kind of save, global still doesn’t mean saved through closing and restarting the game. The way to go is usually the storage actions.

1 Like

I agree with Arthuro, Global Variables (maybe a structure variable of “Powerups” with child variables for each powerup, 1 is “you have it”, 0 is “you don’t have it”)

If you’re going to have a lot of powerups, another option is Inventories. More info on those here: Inventory [GDevelop wiki]

1 Like