How do you use Electron Builder?

I searched my folders (even used search on my entire C drive) and couldn’t find dist or win-unpacked. I did exactly like the tutorial in the wiki says. Could someone please tell me how to use it?

I’m not sure if I’m looking for a file or if I use cmd to compile my game.

You should have exported your game to a local folder, then done the “yarn add electron-builder --dev” in a command prompt, then done the “yarn electron-builder builder” in that same command prompt.

It’ll create all the folders once completed. If not, then you’ve got errors (or missing files) somewhere.

It doesn’t give me any errors. I did exactly as the tutorial says, but I don’t see where my game went. Is there a specific location I should be looking in to find it so I can upload it to my google drive and share it?

Do I do the “yarn add electron-builder --dev” in the folder my game is in or does it find it? Sorry I just don’t really understand what I’m supposed to do.

Yes. you need to browse to your game’s exported folder in command prompt, then do all of the commands there.

1 Like

Oh ok, thank you. I’m not really good at computers and was doing this as a hobby during the pandemic. The tutorial on the wiki confused me for a bit when I couldn’t figure it out.

Thank you again, stay safe, and have a wonderful day/night!

1 Like