Compiling GDevelop from source on Mac

I’m a programmer interested in hacking on GDevelop to address the needs of some students in my game design class, and I’m having trouble compiling my changes for Mac (the computers they have).

PackageForMacOS.sh tries to copy something from Binaries/Output/Release_Darwin, but Release_Darwin does not seem to exist in the repo I cloned from GitHub. Is there something devs need to do to generate this folder locally?

(Planning to work on a number of features around saving, like autosave and “save as”, which I see is on the Trello but not yet in progress - happy to submit a pull request with these features once I get them working for my class! I develop on a Mac, so I need to be able to compile for it in order to start working on this properly.)

You don’t need this :slight_smile: This is an old script for GD4. I’ll remove all of this at some point.

Follow the README for the newIDE (GDevelop 5) here to get started :wink:

I develop on a Mac, so I need to be able to compile for it in order to start working on this properly

I’m also developing GD on a Mac so you should not any issue with it once you follow the instructions in the README :slight_smile:

Thank you so much! This README is super helpful.