Your thoughts on Kickstarter? Answer these questions and let's talk a bit

So I’m searching about kickstarter lately but it doesn’t mean I’ll do it or anything, I’m just getting information about it from videos or people who actually got into it and if I think it’s a good thing (I might consider it in my plans, if not then at least I got information…).
I asked a couple of devs and teams to get more familiar with this system and I thought to ask here so we can share more information about this and get to know kickstarter more…
So from your experience (in game dev or kickstarter in general) … answer these questions like you’re about to release your (game - project) on kickstarter:
1- From your perspective, what is the best way to start your kickstarter? where do you think you should begin?
2- Do you think kickstarter is a good approach for any game?
3- How hard you think it is to bring people in to fund your project? what are the ways to do that?
4- What are the difficulties you think you’ll face during your kickstarter?
5- Why do you think some kickstarter campaigns don’t reach their goal even though the game is so awesome?
Like this one (it deserves so much): Unsung Warriors by Osarion & Mountaineer — Kickstarter
6- What is the most important advice you’d give any indie game developer when starting a kickstarter?
7- Fun question … what is the percentage do you think your game will be funded? 100%? 50%? 20% maybe? …
let’s talk a bit about this kickstarter phenomenon…
See you in comments…

First I’m not run any Kickstarter, but some similar in Sapin called projeg a while ago, and was just for a website project, but this are my impressions.

You first need to register a brand name and logo start looking here

1- From your perspective, what is the best way to start your kickstarter? where do you think you should begin?
Prepare all the goals to achieve, and prices and rewards, in a text format then add graphics
2- Do you think kickstarter is a good approach for any game?
Sure
3- How hard you think it is to bring people in to fund your project? what are the ways to do that?
Very hard, specially if you do not have people following your progress
4- What are the difficulties you think you’ll face during your kickstarter?
No in Kickstarter but in projegg same mechanism but for spanish market
Bting people who really value the difficults of making a videogame, and it’s marketing
5- Why do you think some kickstarter campaigns don’t reach their goal even though the game is so awesome?
Leak of people interested in the project, could be because is repetitive, or nothing out of the ordinary.
6- What is the most important advice you’d give any indie game developer when starting a kickstarter?
Plan your marketing during the campaing try to reach investors, I mean real big
7- Fun question … what is the percentage do you think your game will be funded? 100%? 50%? 20% maybe? …
Depends on what are you want to achive, if only the development or the entire funds for everything, marketing, artists, main developer, senior developer, musician, art director, … and a lot of people to work along with the project.

I’m planning on Kickstarter but my game is pretty earlier now, if I’ve decide to do it, I’ll update here too.

1 Like

Look at these guys Forsaken Castle by Duck Block Games — Kickstarter 35.360 $

1 Like

Is a part of the GEM JAM 2, but I keep working on it, so maybe you check to get the latest version, thanks for the feedback :muscle:
By the way are you a pixel artist?