Why is my character loosing the ability to jump?

I’m still doing my first steps in GDevelop and following the basic tutorials and experimenting with different things.

My problem is, when my 32x32 platformer character is in a spot with a 32-pixel high roof and the player tries to jump, the jumping ability disappears completely and the platformer character can’t jump for the rest of the level.

Could you post a picture of your events, or alternatively zip and upload the game folder here

Could you post a picture of your events, or alternatively zip and upload the game folder here

This happens without any events. I recreated this situation with an empty game… Two basic platforms and the platformer behavior, without any events, is enough to get this bug. Trying to jump in a height fitting spot removes the ability to jump.

You could be right I tried replicating it and it seems there might be a bug of some sort. One way to get around it is by using a custom collision mask on the platform, and making the bottom of the mask just a few pixels higher than the bottom edge of the platform.

Might be worth reporting as a bug though?

1 Like

Wow, very cool.

You usually need to start setting events to bleep up your game project, but you achieved it with zero events.

In all seriousness though, if this is like you say it’s a bug and needs to be corrected.

Ehm, I clicked on this thread from the forum’s overview and was still in the editing mode, so I kinda did overwrite my previous post… (I’ll try to re-edit it back)

Oh, this is much better. Earlier, I reduced the hitbox height of my character by one pixel. Didn’t think to change the platform. Both ways have the same effect but I kinda want these pixels for the character ^^

I was sure this is a known bug and thought someone could explain why this happens. I’ll report it.

1 Like