What's up people! I'm a Newbie from USA

Hello!:sunglasses:

So… this is a new journey that I am taking and after researching I decided to join Gdevelop, I’m very impressed with the software and curious to see how I connect with the community. :exploding_head::thinking:

My background, in short, I started as a graphic designer and then decided to learn about animation.
Winkle Kid - Cool Baby Songs to Learn & Enjoy - YouTube (my youtube channel)
I’ve always been interested in game dev yet wasn’t ready to pursue it. Now that I’m pregnant and have a child, I won’t have time to animate (time-consuming) so I decided to make a game and hopefully make money even though not too sure if ill is able to do it but I’m optimistic and excited to learn and make the game in 1 month.:grimacing:

I’m planning to make a game for kids, which means no violence. Most tutorials are usually with an enemy but im excited to learn even though I have to clue about coding and this seems quite intimidating. :dizzy_face:

anyway…
I’m wondering a bunch of things so your help would be awfully awesome! (just wanted to confuse u)
LOL :rofl:

so I need to figure out:

• how to make the main page that connects several game windows(events) for kids to scroll and pick

• on the main page have an animated intro while in the process of choosing events. Also that the animated objects in the animated intro could trigger an action when touched.

among other things… ill try to find the info myself. but I’ll ask here or somewhere else in case I don’t get it.:hear_no_evil:

I hope I reach my goal and learn a lot and that you who reads this as well!
your help would be deeply appreciated!
:nerd_face::pregnant_woman::crazy_face:

4 Likes

Well ahoy!

First of all, welcome to the community. It looks like GDevelop would be a good fit for what you are after. I’m a Dad with three kiddies myself so I know what it’s like to have limited time :slight_smile:

I recommend you give the Getting Started and the Basic Game Making Concepts a read, and then do the Geometry Monster Tutorial as that will show you buttons you can press to change scenes/levels and how to make a casual game that is easy to control with teeny-tiny fingers :stuck_out_tongue:

how to make the main page that connects several game windows(events) for kids to scroll and pick

on the main page have an animated intro while in the process of choosing events. Also that the animated objects in the animated intro could trigger an action when touched.

You will need to make your first scene have buttons or objects you can interact with to change scenes. You can do this by creating a sprite (which can be animated), and using the conditions “cursor is on an object” and “touch or mouse button is pressed”. You can then use the action “change the scene” to determine what level you want the player to go to.

Hope this helps, and if you haven’t already, check out the official discord as there’s usually people hanging around on there to help out.

Good luck and have fun!

1 Like

Thank you for your help and warm welcome! Congrats on having 3 kiddos :blush:

I already checked some stuff to get to know the basics, gonna check geometry monster now, I’m so excited to learn and hopefully I learn this stuff quick. by the way, I downloaded discord but how I interact in the chat? I saw a list of people but I don’t see people chatting. is there somewhere specific to go to see an active chat or i have to add people in doscord? im quite confused.

Thank you!

Check out the ‘about Gdevelop’ give it a read and react with an emoji. :slight_smile: I believe that’s in place to stop spammers

1 Like

alright thank you! i think i figured it out hehe

1 Like