We are a team that has been working on gdevelop for 3 years, we are finally ready

If you are available it would be really nice to receive your help and advice, I have been working with gdevelop for 3 years and have accumulated so many questions and requests and about thirty bugs to report and hundreds of suggestions to give to the gdevelop developers.

What can I start with?

1. Report bugs
  2. Make suggestions
  3. I ask some required question that is needed for my games

Also it will become a big conversation, is it okay if I open a new topic?

Having one big topic is ok, no need to make a new one.

1 Like

Perfect!
Question 1:
This is one of the many games that I want to cancel.

STATUS COMPLETION: 90%

REASON FOR CANCELLATION:

1. This game uses a points system to provide real gifts (Coupons and more) I am not familiar with google policies and I think it is risky.

2. I have not found a valid system to predict Cheating, the only one is based on the playing time and amount of advertising shown.
    Someone could cheat and I would be obliged to give them coupons and lose money.

3. The game doesn’t live up to my mark.

What do you think?

1. I keep it
  2. I throw it away
  3. I change it to something else.

ATTENTION: Audio of the video spoiled, the microphone was also recorded.

https://youtu.be/CAbfRJj2NOQ

3 Likes

It looks like a really cool game in my opinion.

1 Like

It looks really good!

1 Like

first off:
The game looks really good. I love the love of detail that went into this, especially the particle effects. It looks like too much effort to “throw away” the game.

what i do recommend tho, is to throw away this idea:

Whats your understanding of “real” gifts? How you implement it? How to automate it?
Even if you setup a server that could handle it automatically, sounds like you need a big budget for a reward system, that is more then ingame rewards.

My suggestion:
If a reward system is needed to make the game interesting, use ingame rewards.

1 Like

A @Slash wrote, it seems a lot of effort went in to make it to ditch the game.

But I would change it. Not sure how or to what, but away from the actual real rewards.

This would be my biggest fear, and it will happen - if actual rewards are at stake, someone will try to get it by cheating. If you don’t have the resources to check for cheating, then you will be diddled out of a lot of money. Someone will find a way to hack it and score.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice, this is my fear, when I started I didn’t think about this.

It is my worst game, both graphically and otherwise,
but I certainly prefer to change it instead of throwing it, although I doubt it will engage users without real rewards, I will think of a solution, but if someone has an interesting one I will gladly listen. :grin:

For real? Graphically it looks fantastic. Most of us would kill to have graphics of this standard.

Could you cobble together number of your graphically “bad” games into one big game? So individually the games may not have that much pull, but combined they create a varied and interesting game?

1 Like

In another post I talked about a big game I’m making, that game is a multiplayer games container, so as not to throw it away I thought of adding this crap to that game, obviously I have to remove the menu and the cash prizes.

And then come up with something to make it fun and playable by two players.

Some of the graphics are created by us, and some are third-party elements available online by purchasing licenses.

(Added to the game menu list)
Now I have to edit it.

This is the only topic I’ve found on the forum about possible IP theft. I’ve heard some Java / HTML games are commonly stolen and resold, and I’m not sure how frequent this is and if it’s something that I should worry about using GDev since I’m not well versed in technicalities like this. Thanks for any response.

Your post seem off topic.
Please open a new one or argument about the possible IP theft, is related to this game?
Without answer this topic will be closed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 28 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.