Very early alpha stage

Thank also in the extension submission I ask him I’m waiting now it’s important to solve this before the extension go live

1 Like

Yes, or as the joke says “The way to solve a programming bug is, documment it well, and turn it into a feature”. It is a joke, of course

1 Like

Oops, I forgot to test your game. However, I did update and submit the Dungeon Generator to be reviewed.

I’ll search on Github for your game and see if can get it figured out today.

Hi thanks I think is because of the 25% of the rooms and the Paint is set to 64 instead of 8 but even doing those changes the dungeons go crazy.

I did it!!! Thanks so much for testing this and letting me know.

I will publish an updated version of the extension that automatically resizes all objects so you don’t have to (although they make look funny, the dungeon will be built correctly).

1 Like

Updated version is posted here: Dungeon Generator: Create a procedurally generated map that contains rooms connected by hallways · Issue #191 · GDevelopApp/GDevelop-extensions · GitHub

1 Like

@UlisesFreitas can you write on that Github issue if you get a chance to test the new version? Thanks!

Sure I’ll check it out today and let you know how is going.
Ok so I check this again keeps failling or I forgot something or I’m stupid. That beign said, it doesn’t work as pretended.
Every involved object is 8x8 I disabled some events

The project:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I8eQoHSik0xRnNE4ENNVTvNOL5eTdtgW/view?usp=sharing

Crazy idea. I always used playing areas that are even multiples of the individual grid element. If my graphic was 64 * 64, the play area was 640*640, or so.
I am not sure if the code is now ready to handle play areas that aren’t even multiples.

@tristanrhodes It is possible that the problem is the un even division of the play area with the grid elements?

Well my play area is 320x192 which is multiple of 8 but not square I will try this since I’ve tried everything and I can not get this working.

Then I am not sure what is happening. My code wasn’t so elaborated

I will download and test your project tonight.

1 Like

I found the problems! I think they were caused by resizing a larger sprite. The origin on the hallway object was 64,64 for some reason. Also, the ship kept its old collision mask and it needs the top-down movement speeds lowered.