The new forum is here!

Welcome to the new GDevelop forums.

:information_source:If you had an existing account on the old forum, please click on Log In then I forgot my password to create a new password. If you have tried and not received the email, try again in a few hours.

The new forum is based on a new engine (called Discourse) that provides several new features and a modern design (including on phones and tablets). Read more about it here.
If you don’t have an account, create one and join the community! :wave:

made this a banner . It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user. #2

The new forum is based on a new engine (Discourse) that will provide nice several features:

• Modern look and feel, less cluttered than the old PhpBB based forum.
  • Works well on mobile and tablets. You can even create a link to your homescreen and have it like an app on Android.
  • View all of a thread on a single page.
  • Badges earned when you do actions on the forum, and badges for regular users that are active in the community!
  • Views with “top” threads, latest thread.
  • Draft for your post.
  • Support for markdown and bbcode.
  • Secured with HTTPS everywhere.

and more! :slight_smile: It’s a bit of a change, but this robust forum engine should have us covered for the next years, hopefully decade :smiley:

:tada:

I’ll try as soon as possible the pwa features, awesome :slight_smile:

The PWA features are incredible :slight_smile: Huge step forward compared to the old forum, you can easily do everything from your phone.

To be honest I liked the clean look and feel of the old forum better, but I like the new features the new forum has to offer.

I was wondering though, would it be possible to let us delete or hide the topics we created so we can get rid of topics opened by mistake or serve no purpose any longer when the moderators too busy to assist.

Thanks.

Don’t worries about this, you can send me all your posts you want delete i can do that :slight_smile:

Yes delete own posts/threads would be cool.
We also lost text-size and attachments.

new forum is cool but don’t get used to it. Or there are few new posts or I don’t know how to find them

True that there seems to be less activity, but that might be while people unlock their existing account or get used to the new forum.

By clicking latest you should see all the new posts from all categories
https://forum.gdevelop-app.com/latest
You can also sort posts by number of replies, views and last activity…etc
If you are logged in it even mark the latest post since you last visit with a red line

Pretty cool.

Thanks, but just in case if you are busy would be nice if I could delete or hide my own topics if I want to.

Also, please note that some password reset email also got undelivered because of spam filtering. Working on this, but if it’s the case you might want to try again to hope having another IP for the service sending emails (sendgrid), and don’t be blacklisted.

EDIT: This should hopefully get better now

@4ian
Is it not possible to edit old posts any more?
I was just about to edit one and there is no edit button.

I have edit button on this reply, but not on months old posts :fearful:
Some forums lock the posts and topics after X amount of time, in case it is an option could you set it not to lock at all? I kind of liked that in the old forum I can go back to any of my posts and fix any of the mistakes.

What is actually about Lizard-13?:open_mouth:
He was also no longer online since the unannounced spontaneous forum change 3 weeks ago :no_mouth:

maybe he has a new Nick?

He was away for a bit of time without internet. Though it’s true it has been a bit of time since we’ve not seen him.

For the edit, I’ll check. Discourse by default restrict features like edit until you reach a level of trust in the forum

For the edit, I’ll check. Discourse by default restrict features like edit until you reach a level of trust

I’m not sure if it level of trust. I can edit new posts I create, but not the old posts. It seems more like the new forum lock the posts after X amount of time, for example on some forums posts being locked after 5 minutes, or 5 days or 1 week…etc and can not be edited any more. It seems to be something like that.

//EDIT: I have just edited this one, but I can not edit the ones I have posted months ago

Thanks anyway.

Default edit limit was set to posts less than 2 months old. I set it to a bit more than 6 months. Any post older should be considered as too old and better start a new conversation :slight_smile:

Thank you, Though I think it would be ok to keep posts and also topics open longer, I mean 6 months was not enough :sweat_smile:

Sometime I find my self realize months later or even a year later I was giving wrong or out of date info and I go and fix it for those who search the forum in the future. It would not always make sense to create a double post only to say it is an update/fix to a previous topic “here”. Only create mess for those who search.

It is also drive me crazy when I find a topic on other forums that explains my problem very well but has not been answered or the solution is out of date, doesn’t work any more and I find the solution and want to post it or I want to ask more questions but I can’t because it is closed due to inactivity or date. So then I need to open a new topic, explain the same problem again and that I tried the solution posted on the other topic “here” and “there” and “this too”…etc and ask basically the same question again.

I also often find people view repeated topics less likely because they see the title and know it have been answered or discussed already and they don’t even bother to read the new topic again. I also sometime do the same, I see a question here, I know it have been answered or talked about on the forum before and I don’t even bother opening it. But if someone bump an old topic, I more likely take a look what is going on now.

But it is maybe just me.
Thanks anyway :slight_smile: