The classic BILLIARD ***new*** with AI

Hello,
This is my new project: classic billiard game
Play it on itchio
banner
You can also watch a short video here:

Please, This is an early release of the game and I need your help to debug the game and the billiard rules. If you finds something please let me know :grinning:.

8 Likes

This is really neat. The ball animation fooled me for a while - I thought you must have some 3D modelling to get the ball spinning, but cottoned on to what you’ve done to achieve it. Cunning and clever :slight_smile:

The game mechanics are simple and easy to work out. My only gripe is that once you click the mouse, you have to play the white ball, and there’s no possibility to change your aim.

But otherwise, the game feels solid and you’ve got the physics setting just right. Great job so far.

Thanks for the reply.
I have many more thigs to add to this game:

• computability for mobile
  • add name to players
  • add AI maybe

by the way in order to cancel the aiming just hit the right button on the mouse.

Very nice job… And the physics work surprisingly well…

From a design standpoint what I would advise is to have a larger bar for the force so that you can make more precise choice.

Also the animation of the black ball when you score turns to red every time…

From billiard rules you just need 2 more balls to make a pyramid. There are 7 of each colour normally and a black.

Very good job and keep it up…

Thank you for the reply.
I can see the bug that you have mentioned
I will fix it later on.

Very cool game. The way you made the Balls rotate like 3d rotation is actually very smart and the physics feel good. Great work Mlafefon keep it up!

Proud to announce that I added an AI mode to the billiard game.
Now you can play against the computer.
Let my know what do you think…

1 Like

Really cool!

What did he do? I was also impressed by the ball animation.

He has one animation with the ball’s spot spinning from one side of the ball to the other, and rotates the ball so the animation is along the line that the ball moves. Cunning and effective.

@Mlafefon, how are you calculating the the angle at which the ball moves so accurately?

1 Like

Yes, very effective! It’s wonderful what you can achieve with this piece of software and some creativity.

1 Like

im trying to make an aiming system like the draw line form your game , any advice or example ?