Top down controls. I’m making what is essentially a snake-game: eat apples, add 1 unit to the length of the snake.
I’ve figured out a workaround, something like,
When head collides with apple:
- destroy apple,
- add +1 to Variable.Length
- spawn body (behind head, using Var.Length * 32 [pixels] as distance)
- spawn directional arrow.
- Apply force to body = to angle of head
When body is in collision with direction arrow:
- apply a force (appropriate direction and speed) to body
when no body is in collision with directional arrow:
- destroy directional arrow.
My issue is I’m unable to spawn the body portion behind the head relative to the head’s current position and angle. I can “move object around another” (head.Angle() + 180 at 32 pixels distance) or “create object” at an x and y position (x = head’s X -32, or some such), but how do I create an object around another, so to speak?
Is there an easy way to do this?