[Solved] The sprites keep disappearing

how do i fix this? whenever i click on preview, the sprites just tend to disappear; the player, the ground, everything. this only happened after i transferred some files to another folder within the project folder but i don’t know how to fix it

Asset file locations are meant to be semi-permanent. Moving or renaming your asset files, even to a subfolder, breaks the association with your objects in your project.

Your only real option to get it immediately working is to move all of the files back to where they were, although if they were renamed too they’ll remain broken.

Beyond that, if that doesn’t work you’ll need to manually open each object and browse back to the file that had been moved to reassociate with them.

In either case, after you’re done, make sure you go to your resources panel (accessed within the same menu as your game properties) and right-click the list on the right, then choose “Remove resources with invalid paths”. That’ll remove any remaining bad links, which is mandatory for you to be able to compile your final game.

1 Like

okay. thank you, sorry about the late reply. i got it working now, your answer helped a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like