[SOLVED] How to make Leaderboard using Google Spreadsheet?

I want to Post playerName and Score when game over. Also I want 10 top scores to show on the leaderboard.
Please help me implement, I am a newbie :frowning:

There is a tutorial for Construct 2 that explain how to send data to google spreadsheet so I think itā€™s possible to do it with Gdevelop using the network commands to send the data to it.

This is the tutorial page: Sending data from Construct 2/3 to Google Spreadsheet

There a video about is also but isnā€™t in english so the best thing is to view it carefully and adapt it to Gdevelop:

Same newbie here.
If your game can go online, I suggest that you can try http://dreamlo.com/ ļ¼Œit would save you a lot of time~

Many many thanks guys, Now I can post data to spreadsheet and getā€¦ But here is the new problem as I am newbie. How can I parse JSON :
{ā€œresultā€: ā€œsuccessā€, ā€œsheetā€: [ā€œEpsilon1ā€, 10000], [ā€œEpsilonā€, 10000], [ā€œEEEā€, 200], [ā€œkkkā€, 77], [ā€œfdfsā€, 40], [ā€œqqā€, 30]}
As these data consists of Player Names and Scores. how can separately put it on different variable and show them in LeaderBoard like below.

As GDevelop doesnā€™t have arrays yet, you need to use the structure variables, as explained here.
For instance: HighScore.Name.8 would return ā€œEpsilonā€ and HighScore.Score.8 would return 2000.

Thank you, with little tweaks I am able to grab the array elements :blush:

1 Like

Anyone have tried if this works with GD? Please let me know and maybe some guide if possible.

I also want to know this.

@Epsilon Do you have it working? Can you maybe post your project with only the leaderboard, as an example?

You mean dreamlo.com ? It did work with GD. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Yes, thanks man. I got it working and its the easiest solution for an online leaderboard for me this time.

Thatā€™s great! :wink:

But be careful about the HTTPS problem when you put the files on the web, some web server do not allow non-https request~

I was on holiday, sorry, couldnā€™t reply. If you still need help please let me know.