Set up a json save file

i need help with properly setting up the saving of values into a json file…pls sent help! ~edgar

You should try Storage and Parse JSON to a variable
Storage GDevelop 5
Parse JSON GDevelop 5

i just need to save scene-variables into a json so i can read them out later. but since its only on pc i just wanna have it in a editible json file instead of the storage component…u get me? i dont really understandd the parse json example tbh

If the case ifs for you to save in a file look here GDevelop 5, you may need to create a directory to save/load the file.json, but this only will work on filesystems. When I start my last game i try to make this in Windows but i quickly change to Storage is more consistent for my projects.
Hope this help.
Some pics
SAVE: saveJSON
READ:

In this case i use JSON to savegame.sav just a silly thing really if you rename the savegame.sav to savegame.json there is it all the stored data as a JSON

1 Like

yeah i got on the right track thanks alot man! ^^

1 Like

Hello, I know this an old thread but every time I close the game and reopen it it does not load my JSON file. @UlisesFreitas I’ve been working on this for several days and cant get it working. any help would mean a lot! :slight_smile: @TheCrazyEd

Hi please share some screenshots so we can see your events.

In future, please start another post, and don’t resurrect an old one. You can link to the old one in the new post.

To answer your call for help, ensure all the names (parameters, variables) are the correct - GDevelop is case sensitive. If that’s not the problem, start a new post.

Hey folks, rather than keeping this aged thread from getting bumped, please create a new thread if the above posts do not solve the issue. I’ll be locking this thread.

Thanks all.