Questions regarding GSoC 2020 Proposal

I am a passionate Open Source Contributor with the target to contribute as much as I can. As the GSoC proposal timeline is near, I thought that by creating this topic I can verify some of my doubts & questions regarding the proposal of GSoC 2020.
Here are some of my queries:-

1. DO THE CONTRIBUTIONS AFTER THE PROPOSAL PERIOD COUNT FOR GETTING SELECTED?
  2. WHAT WOULD A REVIEWER LOOK FOR IN A GOOD APPLICATION. A WELL, DETAILED AND THOUGHT OUT PROPOSAL OR QUALITY CONTRIBUTIONS OR BOTH AND WHAT MORE?
  3. IN A REVIEWER’S MIND WHAT IS THE PRIORITY FOR SELECTING A PROPOSAL OR WHAT DO THEY THINK IS USEFUL?

If I have any more questions I will surely ask them.
Thanks a lot, reviewers & the GDevelop team to consider this topic & take time to answer it.

2 Likes
  1. DO THE CONTRIBUTIONS AFTER THE PROPOSAL PERIOD COUNT FOR GETTING SELECTED?

Yes, the goal is to show your interest and how you handle problem/suggest things/are able to tackle more or less complex stuff :slight_smile:

WHAT WOULD A REVIEWER LOOK FOR IN A GOOD APPLICATION. A WELL, DETAILED AND THOUGHT OUT PROPOSAL OR QUALITY CONTRIBUTIONS OR BOTH AND WHAT MORE?

Both, but I would suggest making a proposal that is not too broad (prefer be more conservative than overly ambitious) and that has interesting contribution (as a sign that you are able to do what you put in the proposal).

IN A REVIEWER’S MIND WHAT IS THE PRIORITY FOR SELECTING A PROPOSAL OR WHAT DO THEY THINK IS USEFUL?

Proposal feasibility, in particular linked to contributions (are your contributions showing that you can make what you’re suggesting), interest, quality of the milestone, identification of the unknowns, how deep are the investigations made in the software (saying just “I will do a new feature” won’t help convince us that you know how to do it).

Thanks for your interest in GDevelop :slight_smile:

4 Likes

One doubt regarding the submission. Do we have to separately mail the proposal as given in the instructions below or just submit on the GSoC portal on summerofcode.withgoogle.com?

You can apply by sending an email to the "contact email" or write a post in the dedicated section of the [forum](http://forum.gdevelop.io/).

Apart from that, will we get reviews for the draft submitted?

Thanks in advance.

This was inaccurate, I fixed this thanks! See the organization page and this thread: How to make your proposal

1 Like