Project "Melted Fate" Announcement ⭐

Note: Picture is just to reveal the name and has nothing to do with the actual final logo/cover of the project, the logo/cover most likely will change in the near future. (Will be updated when the time comes for that)

Hey everyone, hope everyone is doing great and I hope the new year will bring joy to all of you :heart:

This new thread will be dedicated to my next project which will be called "Melted Fate"

This is my first time sharing this information with anyone on the internet, in the future more news will be available and social accounts related only to this project and so on but for now I’d like to talk to you a bit about this project and my future plans.

Back in September 2021:
I had a new idea for a game, I started working on it and I did great new things and so on…

But then in Late Nov 2021:
I dreamt about a new idea while sleeping, I woke up and I just couldn’t stop thinking about it, so I decided to cancel the old project I started back in September and focus more on the new idea as it’s very fresh and much much better.

December 2021:
I started searching the internet for ideas and meanings to get to the core of the new concept and start building the main idea behind the new project (This is the most difficult part)

Jan 2022:
After searching for at least 2 months now, I’m positive 100% this is what I want to create next, and I decided to call it “Melted Fate”

Right now I’ll answer some questions that some of you might be wondering about:

1- What is “Melted Fate”?
Can’t talk too much about the details atm but I can say that It’s an adventure set between worlds with big plot twists, weird world and characters, very deep story and very interesting concepts that you might have never seen done in a game before.

2- Is “Melted Fate” an open world 2D game?
Can’t say at the moment, open world is a scary choice for an indie game dev, we’ll see what happens in the future but it’s one of the choices available to me so we can say maybe.

3- Is Melted Fate a horror game?
Horror is an aspect but not the main idea.

4- Will you use GDevelop5 to develop Melted Fate?
100%

5- How long do you think the development time will take?
For now I think it can take from 2 - 4 years depending on how big I’ll go with the project.

6- When do we get to see In-Game footage?
I have high hopes that it will happen this year in 2022 (Let’s say mid to late 2022 just to be safe)

7- How difficult it is to develop a game like “Melted Fate” ?
Pretty difficult, much much difficult than Miko Adventures Puffball as it will need a lot more details in every aspect whether it’s in the art style, behavior, world design, sound design, story and so on…

8- Do you plan to work alone in the project?
Mostly yes but I’ll make sure to get help from everywhere I can when I feel overwhelmed or stuck, I have Gdevelop Community by my side, I’ll also start to create more followers on my YouTube channel and more on social media and much more that I’ll reveal in the future.

9- Is this real? you won’t announce it then after 2 or more years of development hell you decide to cancel it and leave it?
No that’s not me, if you’ve been following me while developing Miko Adventures Puffball, you know by now that I don’t quit no matter what life throws at me so be 100% positive that “Melted Fate” will be a real game and you’ll play it when the right time comes (If I’m still alive by that time of course ) so yeah It’s 100% a real project.

That’s all for now, if anyone have any question please let me know down below, I’m happy to answer anytime : )
Love you all :heart:

9 Likes

Nice.

What platforms do you plan to target? With Miko you did have some problems on Mac and Linux. Is it Windows first again and Mac, Linux is maybe? Do you consider mobile at all?

Also wondering what is the inspiration behind the title. Is it going to be about someone losing fate or how, why is fate melted? Can you share that much?

Is it connected to Miko in any way?

You mention deep story, is it going to be text based this time or going to use art to tell the story similar to Miko? If text based, do you plan to add multi language support and dialogs?

You mentioned, open-world is maybe, do you have any idea if you would like to divide the game in to zones the player is free to travel between or you plan to implement large areas for the player to explore?

In case large areas, are you sure GDevelop can handle it considering you had some serious trouble with Miko which forced you to lower the detail and quality? You also mentioned the game is going to be more detailed than Miko.

How do you plan to monetise the game? Through ads, in-app purchase, sold for one time fee, paid DLC’s, find a publisher to fund the development or Kickstarter maybe?

Do you plan to release a demo version of the game this time? :sweat_smile:

Looking forward to see more info. :grinning:

Good luck :+1:

3 Likes

@ddabrahim

What platforms do you plan to target?
PC Windows and then Linux, Mac Later (There is plenty of time for the engine to get much more developed, maybe in that time Mac and Linux versions will work out of the engine with steam, hopefully)

Do you consider mobile at all?
I leave that after the main release first, after that happens, any other release is a matter of time and optimization but again “Melted Fate” on mobile? I can’t see it in my mind now but that doesn’t mean that it will not happen, for now I’ll leave that for the future to decide…

Also wondering what is the inspiration behind the title. Is it going to be about someone losing fate or how, why is fate melted? Can you share that much?
Unfortunately I can’t talk very much about details now, there is still a lot of (Special) people to interview and talk to get more information on, the idea is fresh and complicated so with time it will be revealed.

Is it connected to Miko in any way?
No not at all, “Melted Fate” is a totally new IP with a totally new world.

You mention deep story, is it going to be text based this time or going to use art to tell the story similar to Miko?
Both Text and Art will tell the story.

Do you plan to add multi language support and dialogs?
Most likely, maybe language support might come after release as an update and so on, again very early to say but yes multi language support most likely will happen as I want to give more accessibility to players from around the world, in Miko it wasn’t needed that much as the game didn’t have that much text to begin with so everyone played with no issues even when English wasn’t their main language.

In case large areas, are you sure GDevelop can handle it considering you had some serious trouble with Miko which forced you to lower the detail and quality? You also mentioned the game is going to be more detailed than Miko.
Much more detailed yes, and yes I think GDevelop will handle what I have in mind pretty well, it will have much more information to handle on the engine for sure but it will done in a clever way, this way it won’t be as heavy on the engine.
In Miko I didn’t lower the quality at all, only separated the levels to smaller sections to make it run much better in the engine, I even saw people with Intel GPU play Miko which was nice to know.

How do you plan to monetize the game?
Again very early to say but Sold for one time fee is the goal, paid DLC’s will only be taken seriously based on the success of the title after release.

find a publisher to fund the development or Kickstarter maybe?
Can’t say anything now…

Do you plan to release a demo version of the game this time?
Still early to say but you know how much I dislike the idea of a demo version as it hurts the game sales by a lot, it’s an option and if I see that it’s needed I’ll consider it for sure, still plenty of time to decide.

If you have any other question, I’m always available to answer : )

Unfortunately I can’t talk very much about details now, there is still a lot of (Special) people to interview

Very mysteries :eyes: Hope it won’t be one of those games that is going to test our fate and melt it while we are waiting for more info :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

matter of time and optimization but again “Melted Fate” on mobile? I can’t see it in my mind

Is it because of marketing, design or technological reasons you can’t see it on mobile or you are just not that interested in mobile gaming in general?

What about Steam Deck? Have you considered it as a possibility how people going to play Melted Fate? Hopefully it is not going to require lot of tinkering to get GDevelop games working but it could open up some interesting possibilities for gameplay and interaction for PC games.

I didn’t lower the quality at all

I remembered you had to remove some effects and lower resolution of assets and remove some objects that caused some lag with Miko. Of course we could argue if it is about “quality” or “detail” and if I remember right. In any case without more info, it is difficult to judge how much more detail are we talking about.

it will have much more information to handle on the engine for sure but it will done in a clever way, this way it won’t be as heavy on the engine.

Can’t wait to see it, hope you are going to do some dev log and share some secrets like you did with Miko.

1 Like

@ddabrahim

Hopefully not :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

design, technological reasons and also because I’m not that interested in mobile gaming in general but still that doesn’t mean that it’s not going to happen, there is still years left… a lot can change in that time : )

Definitely on my mind, and the great thing about it is that if your game works well on PC then most likely it will work on Steam Deck, it’s a really great system and I have it on my to do list for sure (Well when it’s released next Feb), I even signed up for the Dev Kit but unfortunately there was no response from valve.

No effects or resolution of assets were downgraded at all, I actually increased a lot of details after I did the final optimization as the engine was able to handle a lot more in the scene after the optimization I did at the end of development.

Thank you and I can’t wait to reveal it when it’s ready, for sure there will be a lot of cool stuff coming in the next months, but again when? I have no clue at the moment as the development hasn’t really officially started yet, you can say I’m at 3 - 5 % of the development, still very early to say anything or giveaway any information so yeah there is still a lot to do before going out in the public : )

But as always I promise with time, things will reveal it self slowly and ideas will become true one day, the goal is to never give up no matter how long it takes : )