Pandemonic Issues: In search of an obscure answer [Update 3]

Hi, my name is Ivan Dionízio and I’m developing a game named Pandemonic Issues. It’s coming firstly on Linux, Windows and Mac.

The story is about a 9 year boy, named di0, who suffers from a sudden-appearing depression. He does not know how he did acquire such disease and why he feels such an extremely sadness.

Situation is so grave that when it attacks him, he can’t even breath properly, making him falling directly to the ground, while crying in agony.

Keeping its disease in secret from everyone, he found somewhere a medicine, famous for ease sleeping (and his physicological pain) so, he decided to secretly making daily use of it. He went to bed and put some drops of it onto his tongue. But what could be a normal sleeping night turned into a nightmare.

While losing conciousness, he suddenly start to hear an eerie voice: “Do you want me to help you?”

di0 started seeing something floating right in front of him: “Do you want me to help cure you?” - It asked.

“Press the button! We’re going to fight this together!”

Without hesitation, di0 did what it asked for and suddenly the floor exploded so violently that everything around turned in an pandemonic chaos.

di0 fainted instantly.

He then wakes up in an unknown place, forgetting everything, aside his own name and his depressive state. He knows it’s not a dream, it was the real deal, he could feel it.

Realizing he can’t do a thing about that situation, even in its terrible state, he decides to put some effort to get up and walk around that eerie place, hoping to meet anyone, any soul, who can help him to fight his disease. “I wonder if I can do it?” “I wonder if here’s the right place to find the essence of my depression?” - di0

And if things couldn’t get worse, I present you Unkn.

He’s a extremely strange being and known for no one. Few were who did see him and certainly are not alive to tell the true story. Rumors say that victims die the worst way possible: "He is a monster who loves torture and has a tremendous hate of humans.

First he dismember you in 3 parts, each one in 6 agonizing seconds. And even with their smashed hearts and brains, Unkn assured to make them conscious, only to make them hear his laugh of satisfaction. So if you’re unluck to meet him, stop, there’s nothing else to do. Your miserable life is over". That said, he ended up becoming the most feared being of Hades.

Game project published on itch.io: Link

It’s going to be a Table-Top Tactical RPG, slightly inspired on ‘FF Tactics’, but, of course, with its own exclusive gameplay mechanics I’ll be talking about later. I’ll be releasing a playable demo version and screenshots of the game soon! Also, I have some interesting gameplay ideas I want to implement using Steam Controller features, not a promise, but I swear I’ll try it!

And if you’re enjoying what you’re seeing, the arts, please, comment, let’s talk about it! Just don’t expect me to reveal things I’d prefer you’ll find out when playing the demo version :smiley: Many thanks!

Also, follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/di0nizus
Instagram: instagram.com/di0nizus/
Facebook: facebook.com/Eerie-Nous-2862 … Ha62gcjjLA
Itch.io page: itch.io/t/215887/project-pandem … ure-answer

Many thanks!

Update 3 :exclamation:

Hi, long time no see!

So, while the game is in active development, I decided then to release the official Wallpapers from the game, all set up in many resolutions, for both PC & Mobile, from HD to 4K Resolutions, for just $2 on itch.io page:

di0nizus.itch.io/pandemonic-iss … wallpapers

You can get all for free, though! It’s up to you. However, if you really like what you’ve been seeing about the game and want to contribute in any way, I’ll really be glad if you support me and buy this bundle, so it will help me on the development of the game!

And here is the page with arts and story for the game itself :smiling_imp:
di0nizus.itch.io/pandemonic-issues

I’ll be launching the demo there also for you all to try till this end of this year. Really thanks!

Vibrate and Rotation on Android/iOS devices?

Hey, welcome ! You’re project seems really advanced and amazing ! Are you planning a commercial realease ?

Hello! I’m glad you like it!

And yep, it’s a project of life, so I’ve been putting a lot of effort for it to come true. I do plan to release it commercially soon :slight_smile:

I’ll be launching the alpha ver in the next weeks, so I’ll appreciate the community feedback :smiley:

I really enjoy graphisms on the screenshots, you have nice drawing skill. This looks to me like what do klei software (don’t starve).
I’m not familiar with game you cited (FF? final fantaisy ?), if i’ understand well your gameplay is turn by turn fight ?

Thanks for ur kind words :slight_smile: Don’t Starve is surely a beautiful game.

And yes, I mean Final Fantasy Tactics franchise. Pandemonic Issues will have a turn-based gameplay, but I warn you it’ll be a very different one, so expect anything :slight_smile:

Updated with new story info, new images, genre and a soon Alpha public release :smiley:

Sorry for my absence these months. I’m very busy working in this game and I’m preparing the Alpha to make it available for all of you to try out! :smiley:

Hi guys! Came here to say the game is still being developed, every single day. I’m not showing anything else because I’m keeping all the news inside the Alpha build I’ll be releasing soon, then u can taste it! See ya! :smiley:

New arts and new info on the story. Hope you like them! :smiley:

I guess you “miss-edited” the first post :slight_smile:

Sorry, I erased everything cause I was about to update the content. Gonna update it later

You did erase the content then post a new reply to let us know new content is coming :astonished:
Why didn’t you just post a new reply with the updates? If you update the original post, all the reply in the topic is going to be irrelevant :confused:
And if you don’t, leave it empty just make the entire topic useless.

I was actually trying to update the page and ended up erasing everything. Everything’s ok now. Sorry about that

Hi, long time no see! :smiley:

So, while the game is in active development, I decided then to release the official Wallpapers from the game, all set up in many resolutions, for both PC & Mobile, from HD to 4K Resolutions, for just $2 on itch.io page:

di0nizus.itch.io/pandemonic-iss … wallpapers

You can get all for free, though! It’s up to you. However, if you really like what you’ve been seeing about the game and want to contribute in any way, I’ll really be glad if you support me and buy this bundle, so it will help me on the development of the game! :laughing: :smiley:

And here is the page with arts and story for the game itself :smiling_imp:

I’ll be launching the demo there also for you all to try till this end of this year. Really thanks!

Here are some updates on Pandemonic Issues development:

1- Here’s a banner art I made for my itch.io’s game page:

https://di0nizus.itch.io/pandemonic-issues
Also on Gamejolt: https://gamejolt.com/games/pandemonic-issues/425910

2 - And finally I uploaded a tiny gameplay video of Pandemonic Issues running on GDevelop. I’m yet to finish the specific details on how the game will be played so what I can say now it’s going to be a Tactical RPG. Once I finish it, I’ll be talking about them. I’d love to know your first impressions for now ,though! :slight_smile: Thank you and see you soon!

Update 07/20/2019
I’m proud to announce that the battles programming are mostly finished on GDevelop 5. The base rules are now working with all “Heroes” on battle. I’ll be sharing more news very soon including the gameplay details. I was waiting so much for this time I thought it was important to announce here. See you!

Update 08/17/2019: New 2nd Alpha Gameplay of Pandemonic Issues:

So, this is how Pandemonic Issues will be played:

This is a Tactical RPG Game, inspired on FF Tactics franchise.
You have a limited space to move, 36 spaces and that’s all.

You depend on DDD, or Devil’s Dice (the one that’s floating/spinning on your head), to do everything. From movement, to runnning away from battle.

When you choose an option, you throw the Dice and wait for the result. If it’s Luck, then you proceed. And everytime you get Luck, the Dice figure on left side will grow. In this video you can take a sneak peek on it, which I got a 20% Luck status.

And if you’re Unlucky, you ask me? The worst can happen to you and your friends, which I’ll be getting on details these following weeks.

Also you can see those big purple arms coming outside of di0’s menu. That’s CGB, or, Can’t Go Back. It will make you choose your moves wisely. And if anything goes wrong… that’ll be one of your worst nightmare. I’ll be talking about it soon as well.

Also you can see 3 new enemies on the beginning of the platform. Hope you enjoy their designs. :slight_smile:

Follow Pandemonic Issues project on itch.io on:
itch.io:

GameJolt:
https://gamejolt.com/games/pandemonic-issues/425910

Twitter and Instagram: @di0nizus

Note that everything you see it’s a working in progress. I’m planning to release Pandemonic Issues on Linux, Mac and Windows.

See you all soon! :smiley:

Made on GDevelop 5.

Update 09/06/2019
Hello guys :smiley: Came to say I’m planning to finish the demo by the end of this month :slight_smile: Target platforms will be linux, windows an mac, as usual. Not a promise, but I will try. And I’ll be preparing a new, updated, gameplay video in the following weeks also. See you!