New user, some questions

Greetings, i just started using Gdevelop 5, and i was amazed in how simple it is and how integrated are the tools to create sprites… i took me a couple minutes only to create an animation with a professional feel using a simple try out of a game logo… but so far i have encountered some problems related to audio…

I have an mp3 with 128kb, which is in my opinion the optimal format for any game, since the 128kb are decent enough for dialogues and music in games, and they have a tremendously low foot-print in memory size, so… i had this small audio file in mp3 (12kb) and its suposed to work…

but when i add either an event with a sound or music, it doesn’t function properly…

when i load it as a music, nothing happens, i setup the volume size to 30, and the pitch to 1 and no sound is played…

So i tryed sound, and it plays… but there is one problem, the sprite/animation sequence have about 24 frames, and the audio kinda freeze in the middle, its not a situation where it freezes or the sound get mutted, its the situation where it keeps repeating a very small part of the sound… like a grain… it runs perfectly till a point, and then it keeps repeating the same grain in loop over and over, like a broken vinil disc… which is anoying…

I don’t if anyone else experienced the same, but i this is a major problem, considering it was so easy to deal with the animation, in fact, i even wonder if there is a way to output vidoe from Gdevelop and use it to produce animation AVI or Mp4 movies, as it seems so fluid…

Anyway, i hope this might be just something i did wrong and someone can explain how to fix it.

I think there might be a bug with the music feature, so I’d recommend to stick with sound for now.
Your sound issue feels like you probably forgot a “Trigger once” somewhere, so that a new instance of your sound is played at each frame.

If you want to record video output from GD, just use any screen recorder (TinyTake is one example).

Cheers