New tutorial - Making a chess board and engine

Hi,

I have started a new tutorial series using GDevelop. It’s going to cover how to make a 2 player chess board, how to add in clocks and other features and finally, how to create and add in a computer engine to play against or analyze the position.

Part 1: youtube.com/watch?v=diUWO6t1AfU
Part 2: youtube.com/watch?v=6eZxrNTrBA0
Part 3: youtube.com/watch?v=gDT-D87Xs-U
Part 4: youtube.com/watch?v=xmIs2Esmiwc
(other parts coming over the next couple weeks and will be updated here).

I wonder why nobody has replied to this gem of a tutorial series yet.
Nice to see a tutorial on advanced game logic. Keep it up, it is nice to understand.
Don’t forget to reference it in the wiki when you are done. Would be a pity if it gets lost:
http://wiki.compilgames.net/doku.php/gdevelop/tutorials

Thanks. :slight_smile:

I’ve actually managed to get a cold and my voice is kind of ruined, but I’ll record the other parts as soon as I can speak properly again!

Sometimes several posts get “overlapped” and good things like this get lost if nobody comments, nice tutorial by the way! :smiley:

Maybe you could edit your pinned topic about display scores, and add your tutorials there. Your tutorials are always helpful so surely there will be no problem about switching the topic…

So interesting! thank you for starting this tutorial, it will helps a lot, a chess game is difficult to make. following such tutorials will be inspiring :slight_smile:

Apologies for the necrobump, but I was wondering if anyone happened to have updated links or downloaded the tutorial videos ? The youtube links are all down.