Miko Adventures: Puffball devlog 😮

@Amigo54 The game is made and optimized for PC yes

Ok. Thanks for your response.

1 Like

Miko: can you help?
Bunbun: sure!!
Miko: Bunbun stop playing around, why are you upside down? bad bunbun :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Just a small update …
There is no acceleration and deceleration when Miko is moving …
Any danger you get yourself into can be avoided in the last second.
Acceleration and deceleration were a huge problem for Miko because controls didn’t feel tight you know? Like it feels he is floating above ground.
But not anymore Miko has weight now and you’ll feel it while playing and moving around the world.

1 Like

Snowy stuff :snowflake:
Enjoy :heart:

3 Likes

My website is finally here: https://corianderg.wixsite.com/coriandergames
Edits and other stuff will be made in the future, but for now I have a working website at least :smile:

2 Likes

Boring don’t read…
Personal update (Why I disappeared almost a month?):

I’ll finally get back to work on the game, the last couple of months were the hardest for me to get through, I had to go through some very difficult personal stuff (a break up mainly and other things), working on the game with that much negative energy is just not good for the game at all so I had to stop for a while and refresh myself, play games, play with my bunny, go out and be with my family for some time to forget the pain.

2020 was not a good year I’m sure for everyone, I don’t why … I don’t how … but one thing I’m certain about is that “Tomorrow the sun will rise again and we will have another chance, hopefully a good one”

My college has started (I’m in the last year which is good and bad at the same time) so work on the game will be a bit less but the development of (Miko Adventures: Puffball) will continue no matter how hard life becomes and no matter how long I’m away, I promise.
I thank god to have a community like this who believes in what I do, when everyone leaves, this community will always be my destination :heart:

Thank you for being with me through this difficult journey :heart:

Sorry if this update a bit emotional, the future will be much better from now on.
It doesn’t matter who leave us, what really matters is that we did what we promised : )

As always … stay awesome everyone :heart:
I’ll see you in the next update on “Puffball” whenever it’s ready : )

5 Likes

Yup, outside the borders it’s a bit messy :smile:
a quick look behind the scenes and yes I’m not dead … yet :smile:

So you may be wondering, what is new?

1- The structure of the levels are sliced into pieces which means that most levels are separated into parts and you can go back and forth between them through portals (it’s not an open world no but you might feel like it in some levels).

This change alone took almost 3 - 4 months to do but you’re wondering right now … But why?
First:
Performance … look the game is pretty demanding when the level is one big part, Gdevelop just couldn’t handle some big levels so I had to separate places and do tons of other stuff to make it work. (it was one the hardest decisions to take).
Second:
I need to make the game playable on most PCs out there … you can say that the game is just not as heavy as before, tons of optimizations and hundreds and hundreds of tests were made to make this possible. also huge thanks to my friend (Kink) for helping me make this possible.

2- loading screens are almost none existing, it’s like 1 - 2 seconds loading before going into a level or through a portal or whatever. (you won’t notice it that much).

3- More freedom like going back and forth through parts in levels, also some levels are bigger, more diverse and so unique that each part will feel like you’re playing a new game.

4- So when it the release date?
Alright look … I’m working hard on this and I just don’t want to rush anything out as this game will be my biggest achievement (in my whole life) and also the beginning of a lot more projects in the future (yes I have a lot in mind for Miko and other projects), so let me just say this … It will be released when it’s finished, I’m getting closer every single day.

I promise I won’t let you down :heart:

5 Likes

So today was an epic and weird day, I woke up too early like 5 in the morning I think (I have no idea why but I was having nightmares) and then I decided that I’ll work on the game for a bit then play some RE: Revelations 2 (this game is cool).
So I started working and then I test the game a couple of times like always and BOOM!! … I found a very nasty bug that was so unbelievably hidden, the bug is not that game breaking but might be in some cases.
Jumping down is something you can do in (Miko Adventures: Puffball) by clicking “S” button or “Down” you can jump down from some platforms which gives more freedom.
Now the issue that I discovered today is that when I click “S” not only Miko jumps down but sometimes enemies jumps down too (Because both have the same behavior) which is so terrible because enemies might fall off the map and this could break your score and you won’t be able to get that gold medal most of the time and so on.
After almost 9 hours … I managed to fix it with a very simple solution using a new object under Miko so when it’s in collision with that specific platform you can jump down, and it has nothing to do with any enemy or any object in the scene, it only affects Miko and nothing else. (Like a normal game :smile:)
I’m so unbelievably tired … these types of issues are scary especially when you’re so deep in the development of your game, the events in the game are like noodles.
My advice to anyone working on a big or even a small project … Just make it a habit to test your game every single time you add something or add a new event or object or whatever, trust me you never know what you’ll find.
Just thought to make this quick update, I’m going to play RE now and then maybe sleep a bit and get back to work on the game.
Will update you if something new comes up :hearts:
Stay awesome everyone :star:

4 Likes

POOF! :fire::raccoon::grin:

2 Likes

Same level, same location.
Here is what 2 years of progress looks like…
It’s so weird looking back but so awesome at the same time …

5 Likes

I’d like to share some great news with the community about “Miko Adventures Puffball” :heart:

Thanks to the great help from @UlisesFreitas (Thanks a ton for the awesome help :heart:)
Also @Bouh , @Silver-Streak thank you for suggesting ways to test the gamepad.
I was finally able to make the game support controllers, it’s tested on Xbox one controller and 100% working with smooth gameplay and everything.

Also I’d like to share some details about the game:

1- In case you didn’t know by now you can WISHLIST! on steam (It will help the game a lot on release so please Wishlist if you like the game and want to play on release): Miko Adventures Puffball on Steam

2- Miko Adventures Puffball is coming late 2021 (Expect great news from August to November).

3- It will release on Windows, Mac and Linux (Tested and 100% working perfectly). (Thank you @ddabrahim , @Kink and @4ian :heart:)

4- The game will support Keyboard and mouse AND Xbox one controllers.
(other controllers not tested so I can’t confirm 100% it’s going to work with PS4 (most likely it will) but if you have a PS4 controller or other controllers and would like to test out with me, please get in touch through PM and specify which controller you have and which system you own with specifications so we can discuss how you can help).

5- About the game length it depends on how skilled you are and what’s your goal?

1. If you aim for just the story then you can finish the game quickly (around 2-3 hours I assume if you’re good with platforming games).
  2. if you aim for full completion then it can get pretty tough and you’ll be in for 6 or 8 hours or more again depending on your platforming skills.

So don’t worry, you get a lot of diversity and a lot of content to get lost into, I made sure to not just give you a game but an experience, a world to get lost into and a story to love :heart:

At the end I really hope you wishlist the game if you like what you see :heart: :Miko Adventures Puffball on Steam

Stay awesome everyone and talk to you all soon when new updates are ready :heart:

10 Likes