Miko Adventures: Puffball devlog šŸ˜®

I like the cuteness of the game :). Seems like a good place to chill. Will buy it today

2 Likes

Thanks you so much :slight_smile:

So Iā€™m just going to put this here :no_mouth:

4 Likes

:open_mouth: beautifull. Cant waitā€¦is there like a date of release allready ? Or it will come when it comesā€¦

1 Like

Thanks a lot @StudioGrcar : )
So I just donā€™t want to put a release date until Iā€™m 100% the game is ready, there is still a lot more to finish and do so I donā€™t want to rush anything because of a deadline or something like it, Iā€™m just doing my best and when I feel itā€™s ready, a teaser, a gameplay trailer and then a release trailer will be out.
The teaser will be coming soonā€¦

1 Like

I want to thank @Gruk for his help today with the knockback effect, Iā€™ve been trying for a long time to make it happen but never succeeded, I just love this community :heart:
I mean I never really asked about something here and never found a solution for it, there is just too many good people here that will help you no matter how crazy or simple your problem is, Iā€™m always learning here :heart:
And because I love this community, here is a small clip showing something totally new Iā€™m working on + the knockback effect ā€¦ there is a lot of new stuff in this new world!

As always stay awesome :heart:

6 Likes

The first official gameplay reveal Surprise!!! :star2::raccoon:
Enjoy 1 min and 30 sec of ā€œMiko Adventures: Puffballā€ gameplay!

4 Likes

Today I improved how Miko walks on rocky or sandy terrain, which helps me create even more cool looking and complicated environmentsā€¦

Get Mikoā€™s Adventures (50% off :heart: ā€¦ 1 day left): https://bit.ly/329HGKt

2 Likes

A WIP for a new level Iā€™ve been creating today for ā€œMiko Adventures: Puffballā€ ā€¦ this is just 20% done .
This level will have many surprises and cool stuff to explore while keeping the challenge at the top.

1 Like

WIPā€¦

1 Like

In-game from the new levelā€¦
ā€œMiko Adventures: Puffballā€

1 Like

And here it is, the new cave IN GAME!!! :heart:
Let me know what you think?

4 Likes

A new level is 95% finished :star2:
Consists of 2 separate biomes!!
Game is challenging (as always) and full of surprises for you to explore :star2:
Hope you like what you see so far :heart:

4 Likes

What are light green square on first screen ? Crate/ladder ?

I see lot of objects ^^, how you organize all these stuff ?

1 Like

@Bouh Yeah there are tons of objects :smile: but I optimize everything so it doesnā€™t affect even 1 fps of the performance of the game.
The light green objects are for the monsters to jump on and move around platforms (something that Iā€™ll show soon in a video).
About the background I draw it in Photoshop (drawing can take a week full timeā€¦) then slice it in separate pictures (this allows me to add details as much as I need without affecting the performance at all).
and then comes the second layer (platforms)
there are 3 types of platforms:-
1- one for grabbing ledges (dark green) (Kink helped me with this one)
2- one for just walking on, walls, or just places with nothing to grab on (red)
3- jump through platforms (on the mushrooms and stuff like that) (pale blue)
then comes the crystals and how I put them around the level
then (jugs - boxes)
then monsters and how they move and interact with the environment.
then puzzles (if there is any)
then secrets
and a lot moreā€¦
and finally optimization ā€¦ like removing objects that I donā€™t like or stuff like that to maintain stable fps all the time.
A single level could take from a week to 1 month to finishā€¦ (usually 3 weeks)
And yeah thatā€™s like 10% of whatā€™s actually there :sweat_smile:
I mean there are pages and pages of coding and stuff ā€¦ a lot of stuff ā€¦ just too many :crazy_face:
But hey I love it and thatā€™s what matters the most : )
The most important thing about this is to just keep everything tidy like using tags, naming folders, objects, assets and the place of everything ā€¦ also cleaning your code to the most simple thing it could be in so that if you leave the game for a while and come back you donā€™t feel overwhelmed (also if helps with performance a little)ā€¦
And yeah life is good, itā€™s hard but itā€™s good :smile:
Hope that answers your question :smile:

1 Like

Awesome work! So cool seeing such a large game being developed. I hope you can share some insight about how you manage optimisation on such large levels.

1 Like

@convictedweirdo Thanks a lot :wink:
Yeah I was thinking of uploading some videos while I create or draw levels, itā€™s always fun to share behind the scenes stuff.

1 Like

I uploaded a new small gameplay for ā€œMiko Adventures: Puffballā€ (No sound FX)
Hope you like what you see far :heart:

2 Likes

New level WIPā€¦
20% done
This is the biggest level so far in dimensions (not in content), going to be a real challenge for me to optimize itā€¦ but Iā€™m so ready for it : )
Dimensions of the level are above (21800*14500)
More updates will be coming for this levelā€¦

2 Likes

My buddy Cadbury ā€¦ we played today after I finished some work on the game :heart::rabbit:
Donā€™t mind his sleepy eyes (he got some cold)
Pray for him to get better soon :cry:
He is my best friendā€¦

3 Likes