Miko Adventures Puffball Updates

Hey everyone,

This post will be dedicated to Miko Adventures Puffball and any big news related to it

Miko Adventures Puffball is on Steam, Itch and Voxpop Games:

Steam: Miko Adventures Puffball on Steam

Itch: Miko Adventures Puffball by CorianderGames

Voxpop Games: https://www.voxpopgames.site/store/573

Now let’s begin the news :fire: :raccoon:

1 Like

A new Patch just got released to the game:

Here are Patch 1.0.1 notes:

Level 2

• Edited the position of some diamonds.

• Edited some of the enemy positions.

Level 3

• Removed a spike as it was a bit challenging to get through.

• Increased the amount of health.

• Fixed a bug where Miko can bybass the green door without unlocking it.

• Removed the second greendoor when you pick up the green key as it has no purpose and was
    from an old design.

• Optimization to parts in the level which makes run even better.

Level 4

• Increased the amount of health.

• Edit the size and position of an ice cube.

Level 7

• Edited a platform position.

Other:

• Fixed a controller related bug where you can’t enter the challenges menu from the main menu.

• Fixed a bug where music from the start menu would run in the story scenes.

• Fixed a bug where some sound fx would continue to run in levels when pressing the skip button

• from any story slide

• Fixed a bug in 2 story slides where it says continue/skip when it shouldn’t.

• General optimization to the whole game.

• Other Minor fixes.

Patch is available on steam right now and will be available on other stores later today:

See you coon everyone :fire: :raccoon:

1 Like

Patch 1.0.2 is OUT NOW!

Here are Patch 1.0.2 notes:

Level 7 (Progress bug)

(This bug is only related to Controller players)

• Fixed a Progress bug where no matter how many crystals you collect or how many medals you earn, level 8 never unlocks and level 7 don’t register the medals you earned.

Level 1

• Edited a tutorial about Miko grabbing ledges to clarify exactly which ledges he could grab.

Other:

• Fixed a typo at the beginning of the game.

• Edited the following sound FX a bit (jumping - walking - landing on the floor - shooting fireball - grabbing ledge) as it was a bit bass heavy.

• Fixed a bug where the timer do not start in some levels and other times it will start randomly (Controller related only).

(Continue reading if you’re using a controller)

This could result to unlock some timer based challenges without actually finishing them which of course takes the fun of the idea of doing and unlocking challenges.

You can continue playing the story as normal for sure but if you want to do the challenges as it was intended I highly recommend deleting your Save by doing the following.

Go to C:\Users"Your username"\AppData\Roaming\Miko Adventures Puffball
And delete everything inside.

This will remove your save and you can play on a new save with no issues.

Really sorry about this issue, it should be fixed now.

Patch is available on steam right now and will be available on other stores later today:

See you coon everyone :raccoon:

2 Likes

Patch 1.0.3 is OUT NOW!

Here are Patch 1.0.3 notes:

Level 4

• Fixed a typo in the name of Level 4
  • Added 2 missing textures in some small areas
  • Fixed the Z-order of the slippery ice floor appearing behind other objects

Level 5

• Fixed a monster behavior hidden behind a box where he does not move when the box is broken.
  • Edited the position of a snake and several boxes to avoid getting the snake stuck.
  • Edited the position of a monster that gets stuck behind a box.
  • Edited the tutorial sign that says “Follow the pipes”

Other:

• Fixed the slow loading at the start of the game when it says the qoute (It was intended to be slow like that but it is improved now to avoid confusion)
  • Changed the skip story button from “X” to “Y” to avoid confusion (Controller players)
  • Fixed a timer related bug (Controller players)
  • Fixed a bug when pressing options it opens up the credits immediately (Controller players)
  • Smoothed out the transition between parts in all levels
  • Fixed going into a portal sound fx not loading in properly in some cases
  • Made the “Press any key” in the loading at the start of the game to all caps “PRESS ANY KEY”
  • Fixed a bug where some links in the credits didn’t work
  • Fixed a bug where the hitbox for links in the credits would appear when it should be hidden
  • Fixed a bug where the mouse cursor would not be visible in credits
  • Fixed a typo at the end game
  • Fixed a typo in the credits

New:

• Added an important warning at the start of level 1

I really hope you’re having a good time with the game, I’m doing my best to give you all the best experience possible.

Thank you
Khaled,
Coriander Games

Huge thanks to Christopher from The Game Hoard for this awesome article about his experience with Miko Adventures Puffball

You can read his full review here:

“Beta Tested, Game Reviewed” Just released an awesome honest review about Miko Adventures Puffball, It’s so good honestly and well explained!

Read the full article here

1 Like

HOTFIX FOR UPDATE 1.0.3 is OUT NOW!

Here are the notes:

Level 11 and Level 12 (Controller related only)

• Fixed an issue where you can’t choose level 11 or level 12 with a controller from the world map.

Level 12 (Section 2 and Section 3)

• Fixed an issue where Miko can’t re-spawn if he fall off in the level.

Hotfix is available on steam right now and will be available on other stores later today:

Thank you : )

If you haven’t checked (The Ranting Gryphon) gameplay of Miko Adventures Puffball, you probably should watch it, his videos are a lot of fun honestly :smile:

He is doing a full playthrough of Miko on his channel, you can check out the first part here:

1 Like

Nice but I prefer to do the gameplay series of my game by myself, like in the Alanna 22 videos so I really can show all secrets areas and 100% items, swords, armors, bows and bosses.
What do you think, about it I must hire someone to do a gameplay of my game?

1 Like

@UlisesFreitas

It’s not hiring, I never paid anyone, I never forced any opinions, these are real people some who bought the game themselves and are enjoying playing, but let’s say it’s more of putting your game out there and letting more people experience it, your hard work deserves that at least right? doing a gameplay of your game by yourself is fine for sure, but nothing gets above people reactions on your game for sure.

It’s fun to see people reactions and get more visibility doing that, I just reach out when I can. So yeah I highly recommend expanding more all the time.

I think I got around 10 - 20 streamers who made videos about Miko and more people will play this month and november too and beyond, both on Twitch and YouTube.

Also letting people experience your game is like the best teacher ever honestly, it let’s you know what went wrong, what needs to be better and how you can improve as a game developer in your next project, it’s all benefits really.

Hope that helps and I wish you all the best with your game : )

1 Like

Congratulations on the release of the game @CorianderGames.
Do you plan to continue making updates/patches, or are you focusing mostly in other project(s)?

Regarding the streamers/youtubers/blogs/site, do you usually contact them? Do some kind of “press release”, os is it all “organic”? I think it would be great to hear you about your publish and marketing strategy. Again, congratulations!

Hey @schumpeter

Miko Adventures Puffball most probably won’t get new updates or DLC any time soon, I’m currently focusing on my next biggest and most ambitious project I’ve ever worked on.

It’s really hard to say, but it’s a mix of the two you know, sometimes websites get in touch with me and other times I get in touch with them, some streamers for example got in contact to request a review copy and I send keys to others sometimes so it’s 50/50 let’s say that…

I have plans to do a video about that in the future yeah, but my main strategy is just to be everywhere you can and talk to everyone you can talk to about your game.

1 Like

One of my favorite reviews of Miko Adventures Puffball so far :heart:
Always happy to know that people are having this amount of fun playing Miko

You can play too (With 40% off atm)

1 Like

:red_circle: 2021 Steam Winter Sale :red_circle:

:exclamation: 40% OFF Miko Adventures Puffball :exclamation: