Looking to create a simple drag and drop collage "game"

Hi,

I want to make a game where people can take alpha transparency png images from the side, and drag them onto a white canvas to make their own collage. Ideal I would like to have functions where they could scale, rotate, or flip an image, but I settle for basic functionality. This seems really easy, but I haven’t been able to figure it out.

Hi,
What problem are you having exactly?

Hi, thanks for the reply. I’m just not really sure what to do. I’ve set a white background, and added all my png items as sprites with draggable behaviour, but I don’t really know where to go from here.

If you don’t know where to go, I can’t guide you there :blush:
So sit down and enjoy the view, lol

If I knew what to do I wouldn’t be asking.

Next, you need to learn how to use the scene event editor to add more player controls. This is a main topic of Gdevelop, so it would be best to search the “Wiki” (link in top right of forums) and maybe search youtube for some tutorials.

Once you’ve done some tutorials and you’re familiar with using event editor, it should start to become more clear. A suggestion for your game might be to use the “mouse is on object” condition, combined with “key is pressed” condition to create keyboard controls. Then, you could add event actions like “scale object”, “flip object horizontally”, “flip object vertically”, and so on to modify how the sprite looks. There are a bunch of ways to modify the look of a sprite using actions in the event editor.