Issues with dialogue display

Hello!

I’m attempting to get Yarn dialogue to display however, I’m running into issues as activating the dialogue is causing everything to freeze/crash.

I’ve attempted copying (from what I can see at least) the example game provided on the WiKi

I also jumped on the discord server and asked for advice there, and from that advice, I’ve tried the following -

• Adding a “trigger once” condition
  • Moving “touch or left mouse button is down” from the second branch to the first branch
  • Starting the dialogue from the start of the scene, rather than upon activation
  • Tested both “line text” and “clipped line text”

This is what it’s currently set to, but it crashes when I click :woman_shrugging:

I’ll be missing something obvious because I am the big dumb. Is anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Hello, here you can find my tutorial. It explain the Dialog Tree Basis. You can find the source.

Bye,
J

Hi J!

Thank you for linking the tutorial. I did my best with it, however googles auto-translate isn’t fantastic :slight_smile:

I can see you have Do = DialogueTree = ClippedLineText() where as I’m currently using Change the text of

I don’t see the option you used to get this result, would you mind telling me what it’s labeled when you’re setting it up?

Thanks!