[In Progress] Make use of enter button in events editor

Hi! I have a minor problem with the events editor:

For example, when I add a condition the corresponding window opens. I then select the object and the properties or start typing in the search row to find what I’m looking for. When I’m finished and want to close the window my first impulse is to hit enter on my keyboard. However I’m forced to move my cursor all the way to the lower right corner and click OK. It’s not that big of a deal, however since we do this all the time it quickly feels tedious and clunky.

I would like to propose to make use of the enter key. Or a combination, maybe ctrl+enter, if the enter key is already used to type in a “Value to compare” for certain properties.

Thanks!

Hello!

Enter by itself will not (and should not) be used as a confirmation key simply because it is used in too many fields already (such as any string field).

However, Ctrl+Enter will soon be added for closing dialogues/acknowledgements in a future update. You can follow along with the development progress ofthat change here: Add possibility to use Cmd+Enter/Ctrl+Enter to submit a dialog by AlexandreSi · Pull Request #3389 · 4ian/GDevelop · GitHub

1 Like

Hey there, thank you for the info. Can’t wait for this change!
Keep up the good work!

1 Like