Is there any explanation on how to make an iOS game for the iPhone to fit all iPhone screen resolutions?...Same thing for the iPad?..Which resolution is the best???
taken from here
There are only a few resolutions used across all iDevices, making it quite feasible to adapt a game to each one.
- 480x320px , 3:2 (iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3Gs, iPod Touch 1st Gen—3rd Gen): These have been mostly supplanted by newer devices. Since they have the same aspect ratio as the next-biggest iOS-resolution, a game designed for the larger one should scale down nicely to fit.
- 960x640px , 3:2 (iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 4th gen)
- 1136x640px , 71:40 (iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5th gen): This is the same height as the 2nd Gen iDevices, but the screen is 1136 pixels wider. If a 960x640-image is just scaled up, one could make a solid argument that the difference could not be spotted easily.
- 1024x768px , 4:3 (iPad 1st gen, iPad 2, iPad Mini)
- 2048x1536px , 4:3 (iPad 3rd gen, iPad 4th gen, iPad Air, iPad mini 2nd gen): This is twice the resolution of the previous generation. When making an iPad game it is therefore easier to create it for a 2048x1536px display first, and then scale it down by 50%.
Thank you for your help, I appreciate it very much…
I am just new in all those things, and I am not quite sure that I understand that part about scaling down about 50%…I mean how I can scale it down scene for 50% after I set up a game for high resolution?
And also, what is about new iPhones like 8 and 8+…?
Is there any solution to make it to game automatically fit any iPhone screen with proper scaling?
sorry, can’t hulp much with ios, I develop for android. I use 800x600 and then the phone expands the screen. Maybe you can check the screen size and scale sprites.
Gdevelop has actions to scale sprites.
With the following method you can “Stretch” the image in every screen size
I use 960 width x 540 hight (landscape)
960 hight x 540 width (Portrait)
For me, this works best in all different sizes
Thank you for your time, I will try it as soon as I get some free time. Thank you so much for your advice!
Never mind, thank you anyway for trying to help me!