How I do a coloring game?

I would like to know how to do this like the example in the picture.

first, it starts with a drawing with no color, :woman_artist:
1 then select the color, :large_blue_circle:
2 then color the place you choose and without letting the finger go you can color within the lines, :face_with_monocle:
3 can change colors and repeat the process (2) :red_circle:

I want to do a kid’s game. Would greatly appreciate it!! :boy::girl:

1 Like

This is an interesting one. To make this game you need to use layer effect where you have to create 3 pictures for each level.

1. Colored Pic
  2. Non-Colored pic
  3. A Black png
    Then you can use the alfa method to hide The colored pic with the noncolored one. Then when your player drags the color pencil in the right spot you can unhide that colored picture and revel the colored side of that picture.
2 Likes

I will start working on a this as a tutorial. I’ve had it in mind for some time now.

4 Likes

I cant wait for this tutorial​:smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

1 Like

You can also use different sprites for each component, and change the color of differents sprite according to the crayon color

3 Likes

Thats what i had in mind.

1 Like

Hey Ruhan thank you for your advice. I don’t have experience with coding so I don’t know how I would make that possible. I do understand layers and what your saying but if the color is revealed then is it the color that I randomly chosen or the color is preselected and I’m just unmasking it? I prefer the first one.

1 Like

Awesome! Please let me know I would love to see how is done!! :star_struck::partying_face:

1 Like

Could you give me further instructions on how I can make it? I have no coding experience but I think I get your going with that. I’ll try to do it but I don’t think I’ll get far…

1 Like

1 - create some colour icons
(you must have all this colours in the animation of the drawing about to be painted)

2 - every object you want to give a single colour to must be a single sprite with its first animation black and white and other animations of it in
the colour of the colour icons.

3 - once a colour icon is clicked on and also a drawing component(sprite) it changes the animation.

—Ideas which should work/be easier----
Changing its global colour
Pros-
Its easy to code
Cons-
It changes the colour of the whole sprite including the borders.

2 Likes

This can be done in both ways.But for optimization I prefer unmasking.

2 Likes

How do you choose color with unmasking?

2 Likes

The concept is you have 2 picture .
1 of them will be fully colored and other will be only outline without color.
Then you have to import both of them separately. And you have to place both of them in separate layer. Where the Uncolored one will be placed over colored one layer. Middle of those layer you have to place a black png with an alfa effect on it . SO that you can start the unmasking project…this is similar as Photoshop.:blush:

2 Likes

But for changing color? If I choose yellow for colouring a flower instead of red?

2 Likes

Oh I didn’t got it first . Isn’t that works while you place the right color in right spot?

2 Likes

Hi, I found this an interesting idea so went about creating a game. Being a newbie it’s quit simple - it uses sprites. Hope it will help!
Link - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JTb5NmYIltvK_BGKU8JJqTQRIwU-ppaC/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

i hope there will be a tutorial for this colouring game soon :grin:

Hello! Did anyone figure out how to do this in G Develop yet? This is a perfect solution to something I’ve been trying to make for a while! Hope someone can help :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Gem, Did you ever make a tutorial for this? I can’t seem to find it on your Youtube page.

Thanks!