Hi there. The name's Rob

I’m completely new to the world of game developing. I originally wanted to try a flash based game (managed to locate a new copy of Flash 5 a couple years ago) because I wanted to be able to upload it to Deviantart, but flash is just too complicated, and I couldn’t find any tutorials for what I wanted to do do. A short time ago I asked on the Newgrounds forums about free developing software, and this was one of 2 someone suggested. It sounded like the easiest to work with, so I went with it.
And it really seems to be simple. I was able to take the tank game tutorial and change it to a brief demo of what I wanted to make (aircraft instead of tank). I downloaded all of the templates, and with all of the tutorials, I should have what I need. The problem is figuring out how to put it all together. I’ll make a separate post on what I want to make. Unfortunately I won’t be able to upload it to DA since they don’t accept the file types GD5 makes.
I’ll see you around!

3 Likes

Yeah, DeviantArt is also not the best place to share your games. Try newgrounds or something. There are also platforms made for sharing games. I also like DeviantArt, if you already have some followers I guess you can upload your game to Gamejolt, make a nice thumbnail and post a link to the game with the thumbnail on DeviantArt.