Google Season of Docs Applicant- Introduction

Hi Everyone,

I am Shubhendra Singh Chauhan from India. I am pursuing third-year in Computer Science Engineering.

I have been contributing to Open Source both technically and non-technically since last 2.5 yrs.

I am also the part of some communities like I’m a Student Ambassador of Unity Technologies, GitHub Campus Expert and Mozilla Representative in India.

The reason I want to contribute to GDevelop is my interest for Game Development.
I have some experience in building mini browser games using Open Source framework Phaser.js and also I have done some certifications on AR/VR app development using Unity.
I am really excited to know that students like me can develop games without having any prior knowledge about any programming language.
I am really interested in submitting a proposal for GDevelop in Google Season of Docs.
Also looking forward to get in touch with the mentors and guide me through this program.

Some more info about me:

Thanks & Regards,
Shubhendra Singh Chauhan

Welcome :sunny:
If you have any questions about GD, wiki or something else, feel free to ask us.

I would like to request the Mentors to help me getting started.

I have already gone through the GSoD wiki page & FAQ!

Thanks.

Hi everyone
I am Sachin, a sophomore at Delhi Technological University in India. I am pursuing B.Tech. in Computer Science. I wish to participate in Season of Docs with GDevelop.
I love to learn new technologies. I am a full stack developer and have a good experience in the open source.
I have gone through the ideas list and the wiki page.
Please guide me how to proceed further.

Just a quick explanation for anyone interesting in GSoD:

First, thanks for being interested in GDevelop :smile:
Applications are opening on the beginning on June. At this moment, you’ll be able to do an official application on the Google Season of Docs website. Remember to check the timeline here: https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/timeline

In the meantime, the best thing to improve your chances to get selected (unfortunately, every organisation only get one technical writer :cry: ) is to get familiar with the software: use it to create small games, go through the existing tutorials and the wiki, fix small typos/improve articles :slight_smile:

We’ll still have some time to discuss during June if you have questions while writing the application.
Also check the FAQ on this page: http://wiki.compilgames.net/doku.php/gdevelop5/community/season-of-docs

Thanks everyone! :smiley:

Is professional technical writers needed and not someone involved in documentation work in Open-Source? According to Google, even students like myself are eligible if we can showcase past technical writing experience but in some of the selected projects under GSoD, a professional technical writer is demanded. Just wanted to clarify this before applying to this :smile: