Gdevelop Website SSL certificate expired?

Hello, I’m having problems logging into the forum. It says the certificate is expired? Is this true?

Doesn’t seem to be an issue here for me. Cert is valid until November.

That’s the root CA certificate, you probably need to update your system to get a newer version of it.

Do you mean update, the browser, or my Mac OS?

If you use Firefox (or another obscure browser that comes with it’s own root certificates), the browser, else your system.

I use Chrome usually, but it looks like updating Chrome doesn’t work. I’m running a few generations back Mac OS El Capitan. I’d really hate to update my OS, since I’d lose some software that isn’t supported on the new Mac OS. Hmm, strange.

Hi I don’t know which version you have but try with this

OS X 10.12 (Sierra) and later

macbook$

sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder;sudo killall mDNSResponderHelper;sudo dscacheutil -flushcache

OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) and OS X 10.12 (Sierra)

macbook$

sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder

Older versions

OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

Versions 10.10.4+

macbook$

sudo dscacheutil -flushcache;sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder

Versions 10.10.1, 10.10.2, 10.10.3

macbook$

sudo discoveryutil udnsflushcaches

OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

macbook$

dscacheutil -flushcache; sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder

OS X 10.7 (Lion) and 10.8 (Mountain Lion)

macbook$

OS X 10.5 (Leopard) and 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

macbook$

dscacheutil -flushcache

OS X 10.4 (Tiger)

macbook$

lookupd -flushcache

The go to Chrome last hour is ok.

Thanks. I’m still on El Capitan. I tried the command in terminal and it said command, not found.

Sorry this is the command macbook$ is not supposed to be written it’s the name of you device.

Thanks for your help, but still the certificate didn’t update. I also cleared browsing data.

I know there is a lot to read but try here

Go to 10. 10. Change Your Domain Name System (DNS) Server

I found a solution. It looks like the reason the certificate won’t update is because of my version of Mac OS. This certificate just expired today: DST Root CA X3. I can trust the certificate anyway by going to keychain and manually trusting it. Just remember to go to System Roots > Certificates in keychain, then in the menu go to view > show expired certificates. Find the certificate that is expired, right click > get info, then choose always trust.

1 Like

Be careful with that though, the certificate expire for a reason, you might expose yourself to big security risks by trusting it anyways as a root (highest authority) certificate.

Yes, thank you. You are right.