[32 bits] GDevelop 5 Windows/Linux

Hello

I open this thread for the lastest users/dinosaur on 32 bits OS.
You will found in this first post list of GD5 releases for Windows 32 bits and Linux 32bits.

:warning: No support will be provided on these 32bits build, there are no optimisations, nor advantages compared to 64bits builds. :warning:

For build you own version you need add this code in “GDevelop\newIDE\electron-app\package.json”
Just before “mac” add :

"linux": {
  "target": [
    {
      "target": "deb",
      "arch": [
        "ia32"
      ]
    }
  ]
},
"win": {
  "target": [
    {
      "target": "nsis",
      "arch": [
        "x64",
        "ia32"
      ]
    }
  ]
},

And build with electron see here.

Patch notes and official download :
Gdevelop Github

GDevelop 32bits:

Donate | Buy me a coffee

9 Likes

Can you please support 32-bit OS, again?

Will you continue to upload the 32-bit version of the latest releases to gofile.io?

Thanks.

1 Like

Here new version

Patch note on Github

1 Like

Thank you, but I do not want to bother you on each new release.

Can 4ian please release 32-bit version on GitHub?

Also, I am having problems downloading from Amazon Web Services.

Can you please upload releases to mirror sites?

Thanks, again.

This is not really supported so nothing is officially supported.
What mirror website you think ?
I upload my 32bits on Mega (Previously Megaupload)

Can you please upload to GitHub alternative like sourceforge.net or fosshub.com?

Or, do you have a Google Drive folder like Lizard-13?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Z9lV4hKRErrlcQKY_jSOuDvvEe00qhzs

Thank you.

New release, uploaded on Google Drive

Here new version

Patch note on Github

Here new version beta 82

Patch note on Github

Here new version beta 87, and for first time 32bits for linux (Debian)

Patch note on Github

2 Likes

Thanks Bouh ^^
I thought you’ll make it Monday lol

Thanks @Bouh for these builds.

Does anyone succeed to use the B87 Linux 32bits on Raspbian Buster (raspbian pi desktop ?) ?

Obviously it wouldn’t work, raspberry pis are using the ARM architecture, not the x32.

It’s why i asked about the “pi desktop” version : Raspberry Pi Desktop for PC and Mac – Raspberry Pi

It’s Rapsbian, but for low end PC/Mac, and 32 bits only from what i know (it seems the x64 distro is coming soon).
I already installed it on few PC, but never tested yet if GD could work on it and i’m thinking about it. I love recycling old computers, and it’s always a good exercice to develop/test performance on extrem low spec computers :slight_smile:

Btw, Gdevelop for ARM architecture might be awesome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here new version beta 92

Patch note on Github

Thank you so much for doing this. Please don’t stop posting these builds. If anything I’d say you should make it official. Lots of people still use 32 bit systems but since these builds are not shown in the official download page, people immediately dismiss Gdevelop as an option.

1 Like

Thank you for your kindness.

I hope build these version as far i can. This is not officially display on the website because there is no support about it.
If tomorrow a new features break the compatibility with 32bits, nothing will be change for support again 32bits.

This can arrive at any time, so i recommand to everyone to migrate if they can, or use the web editor. Currently the web editor is still a bit limited in term of feature (you cannot import resources), but this in still in progress.

The focus is main on the core of the software and desktop app (64bits).

Here new version beta 95

Patch note on Github

3 Likes

Hi!

I know there’s no support for 32 bits version but I upgraded from beta 82 to 95 and now GD looks like this. has this happenened to someone else? If yes, is there a way to fix it?

I tried running ccleaner after deleting the old beta 82 folder but didn’t fix anything.

should I go back to 82?

I

Will these releases work on Windows Vista or XP?

Is there anyway to make GD5 32 bit work on Vista or XP?