"Freedom Fighters" (in past) - "Freedom Planet" fan game (in past) (in the process)

Yesterday I started creating a demo of “Freedom Planet” fan game, “The Decire for Freedom”. Here is a screenshot of the still unfinished start screen with parallax (seems like I need edit parallax background), my not so old “native” sprites and concept art of main character - Sapphire the Angora Cat. First I drew Sapphire on paper, but then with the help of Bezier curves and figures on program Paint(.)net I improved the picture. The background of the parallax screen is a modified piece of sprites from the OpenGameArt.org user under the nickname surt. I created the logo by editing the font in Paint(.)net

Button Chevron
YesNo Settings Slider Slider-Part Slider-Marker Health-Bar Health-Bar-2 Health-Bar

I need in help with character's design

Wow, that looks great so far! Nice work.

I’m always slightly envy of the people who can actually do art. Excited to see you continue.

Thank you very much! But I plan to use level graphics by surt. Also, you can use my graphics, if you need, really. You can indicate or not indicate my authorship - I do not care. I love when people can use resources freely: photos, music, videos, etc.

Even if you say that you don’t care, it’s not possible to use them if you don’t release them under a lisence. You can choose a lisence like creative commons, and the best about this one is it is customizable, you can choose to make it impossible to people to use it in commercial projects if they don’t come to ask you for another private lisence.

Okay. Part of the text from my OpenGameArt.org submits:

"CC0: if you do not want to indicate my authorship and want to freely modify my work.

CC-BY 4.0: the same thing, but just point me as you like: diana23570, Diana Paymurzina or even like Diana Paymurzina (diana23570)"

About Creative Commons license: you’re absolutely right! I love this license, because I can understand terms of use of authors’ works

In the future I will improve Sapphire’s sprites. Excuse me for some inaccuracies in the anatomy of cats. I mean the sapphire ears in a pose, so to speak, of a hedgehog (hope you understand my subtext) - they should be clipped, like real cats when people stroking their heads

Today, from the 2nd to the 3rd lesson (yes, I’m studing in school) I drew a schematic drawing of the obstacles and platforms for the training room in the game “Freedom Fighters”. I didn’t manage to finish the drawing - inspiration left me

Sorry for deleting the three main logos and the demo logo. I used the wrong font… Reason: using the font “Baschscript” from Microsoft for other purposes not listed in the license. Soon I will try to post another, but similar version of the logos…

Really very cute even I in my game went to create the graphics alone even if it is not that managed to achieve an extraordinary level of beauty.

@LucaTexas22, thanks for the comment!

This is a Sapphire drawing in the old version. She used to be a fan character in the universe of the game “Freedom Planet”. As you can see, she in this figure is similar to the Blaze the Cat from the universe of Sonic the Hedgehog. Sapphire wore both bracelets and anklets (bracelets for legs) in the same way as Milla Basset from the computer game “Freedom Planet”. I don’t remember where I got the idea for this outfit that you see on Sapphire. It is possible that the clothes on the torso were invented when I was inspired by the clothes of the Lilac from the second part of the aforementioned game. The bifurcated ends of the sleeves were taken from the old version of Lilac, when she was a Sonic fan character of the artist Zio Lin. I decided to transfer Milla’s ability to Sapphire, since Milla was my favorite character because of her unusual ability. The name Sapphire’s ability “Phantom Cubes” was coined, as I previously thought, by me. Once I launched the game “Freedom Planet 2” and decided to read about the abilities of the characters. Milla, as it turned out, has the ability called “Phantom Cubes”. Unlike Milla, whose cubes consisted of a jelly-like substance, Sapphire’s cubes consisted of some energy, and the cubes themselves felt like glass by touch. If Milla had a round barrier, then Sapphire, the shape of her barrier was hex. Later, I decided to abandon the use of magic. The reason is the religious prohibition of using magic itself

Today, near the end of the fifth lesson, I schematically drew a concept of an art attack of Neige the Polar Fox. Her attack resembles Lilac’s hair attack from “Freedom Planet”

Please excuse me for the wrong physics of the scarf. I created a directed version of the Neige scarf attack on the her sprite sheet

Sorry, I haven’t uploaded anything for a long time. I decided to change Sapphire’s clothes a little - it will be a training form.

[Picture was deleted by me due to minor copyright infringement]

I would like to add: in fact, I am working with a Paint(.)net program file with the extension .pdn

Today I created a little Demo Level. Spring (it’s an game object) physics taken from “Betabox basics learning experience” template. Yesterday drawing spring’s sprites took few hours. Sapphire’s running looks natural. Sapphire herself still doesn’t have normal clothes (only boots). Designs of game’s logo, healthbar changed. Created oxygen bar’s sprites (for the future water levels).

P.S: sorry for my a bit bad English