[Forum] Block spam links

i know, that there are endless of them and there new ones all the time, but is it possible to have a list of urls that cannot be posted?
and when a certain link pops up, it can be added to that list?

im tired of these tutuapp and showbox links.

Looking at the history of flagged posts it seems there is a variety of links to different products, not just tutuapp and showbox that get spammed, and few users. It seems more effective to suspend the accounts that post such things. The other possibility would be to force all posts with links to be manually reviewed by the moderation team, but I am not a big fan of this.

im not saying you cant post links, i am asking if it is possible to have a list of links that cannot be posted, like the 10 characters post prevention.

the spampost has to be seen and checked by a moderator anyway, so might as well put that link on a blacklist to have it not posted again.

Yes I did understand that, but what I mean is that there are way too many different links posted to put them all in the list I think, and it is more effective to ban users posting the links.

i disagree on that. its not easier. it is more work.
yes the users should be banned, but there will come a burbigo4 and post the links again.

having a blacklist will reduce the amount of moderation needed.

the list doesn’t need to be endless, having a list that keeps only the last 1000 will be sufficient enough, since those links usually have a short lifespan.

2 Likes

Ok, I’ve blocked following words:

Additionally, now all posts that have the word VPN have to be confirmed by moderators (as most of those posts are ads)

3 Likes

i assume most are actually people, that get paid a small amount for each click on the links.
they usually edit the links in later, to be detected later and have more time for potential clicks.
spam bots and hijacked accounts do exist too.

1 Like

In the example you linked, it’s listed as “word counter”, which is probably too generic of a term to block in this instance. However, since they included another blocked term, the entire thing would be blocked anyway.

maybe too generic but the url can be used :wink:
I’ll add this url on the block list.

1 Like

Thanks, i took care of those spam accounts (blocked their IP, deleted accounts using the same IP, blocked their email, and blocked their product name)

2 Likes