[Fixed at Version 127] Sound Bug since version 107 till 117

If Browser Audio API could be the issue, how can I test it?
I have Edge browser as default, will changing to chrome make any difference, or installing any other browsers or drivers?

Probably not for previews since it uses a version of chrome bundled with GDevelop. You can try other drivers but I doubt that would help.

So you saying Gdevelop is kind of built with chrome, it doesn’t matter if I had chrome browser installed or not?

Please note: There may not be anything that can be done for this if it cannot be isolated or reproduced.

However, @Omar If you can upload a zipped project folder with:
A new project that only includes sound files and events that can test this (and experiences it).
With the preload toggle on in resources.

I can at least get that project and a copy of mine written up into a github issue, since Eiklahc and Ulises both have seen some similar items with your project.

As mentioned above this may not be a GD5 issue, or not one that can be solved, but even though I can’t replicate it further I can still get an issue built as there’s more than one user experiencing it.

It could be something outside of Gdevelop because I sent you the same example in which I was experiencing that bug and you did not get it, also you send me the example in which you did not get anything but I still got that bug

But I have tried the same example on different android devices and browsers, with link and apk, I still get the bug on all

And how do I upload zip file here?

I’d say just zip up the project folder and throw it here: https://ufile.io

Then post the resulting link.

I’ve created Sound playback can glitch when played back at lower volume levels · Issue #3054 · 4ian/GDevelop · GitHub for this.

Few notes from a quick look at the project:

• I had to clean it up a bit. Your resources still had a ton of files that weren’t there anymore, and the file paths were completely different, so it would fail to load on preview.
  • None of your resources were set to preload. (The preload events are not the same as preloading it in resources, since resources happens before runtime.)

As there is now a github issue for this, once/if it gets assigned to a contributor, I’ll close out this thread so that all future updates are kept to the issue.

Oh I forgot to change the file paths, thanks for taking care of it

Hello. I was referred to this thread seeing I am having a similar issue. See my thread here: Sound to level starts with static. My problem was resolved by just running the music at 100 volume. It seems the issue of static pop when the scene music loaded was due to my volume being faded in or set to a lower volume than 100. I don’t know why, but removing the fadein and setting the volume to 100 resolved the issue. Also, preloading the music from Resources did not resolve the issue for me if my music volume started lower than 100.

Yes my was also solved by using 80+ volume level, but its not a proper solution

This is proof many people are experiencing this most don’t notice and if they do most don’t report here.

So please take it seriously Gdevelop developers

1 Like

An issue is open. This kind of post really isn’t needed. No amount of bumping here will make this be taken any more or less seriously.

1 Like

Hey Omar,

Not sure if maybe there is a little bit of a language barrier here, but Silver-Streak wasn’t being rude. Silver-Streak isn’t a developer of GDev, he is just a Community Moderator and advising you that commenting on this thread doesn’t change the priority of the issue created on Github.

He has already gone out of his way to create an issue on github for you (Sound playback can glitch when played back at lower volume levels · Issue #3054 · 4ian/GDevelop · GitHub) and clean up the code so the GDev developers can take a proper look.

On a side note, you’re probably not going to find a community mod that takes bugs/issues more seriously than Silver-Streak. He has spend months following up on bugs in the past and even put actual money bounties on getting things fixed/added.

1 Like

Sorry to interrupt guys but is this issue solved?

1 Like

There is nothing to disrupt. No nothing has been solved at this point, there is currently an issue on github outlining what has been displayed in this thread.

Hey All,

No worries here. I can provide more detail, although I appreciate the kind words.

@Omar I’m sorry that it came off as rude to you, the intention was bluntness, not rudeness. To add more detail:
Bumping this thread clutters up the forum for other issues that people are reporting or looking for answers. Saying “Please take it seriously Gdevelop developers”, doesn’t really add anything to the existing issue or description, so it appeared as a needless bump, which is why I asked you to avoid posts like that in the future.

1 Like

No problem, and adding just a line to say “take it seriously” was not a big deal to get a reply “you should not do that, its useless”

But no worries lets clean this clutter now, Im deleting my other messages

I made a video of making a proper demonstration of the issue and how to notice the bug easily
I think you should add this to github post

3 Likes

I am experimenting the same problem. I am waiting for this thread because I am making another things of my game at the moment but if I can help, ask me please.

As you say this problem has happened from a few versions and I thought I had fixed it, however still it does not work

I Checked it again now at update 5.0.127 everything is fixed!!!

1 Like