Display Global Variable instead of Scene Variable

Hello everybody. I’ve read on the platformer tutorial that you can display a variable amount with a text object using " " + ToString(Variable)VariableName)). However, I found out that this only applies to SCENE variables. I want the character’s health and money stored globally. I have the text object set as a global object, but it only works with scene variables, not object variables or global variables.
Is it possible to use a text object to display the value of a GLOBAL variable instead of a SCENE variable? If so how?

Or if I’m over-complicating this, please let me know.

hi
easy solution use temporary a scene variable, I don’t know if it is possible what you ask but in th emean time is a solution

You’re actually 90% of the way there. I believe it’s ToString(GlobalVariable(VariableName)).

Your best bet to look this stuff up is use the function editor (blue button on the right when you’re in an event, now has a little icon and 123 on it with the newest update).

If you go into that and scroll all the way up there’s a search function. You can search for anything in there such as “Variable” and it will show all options that match.

1 Like

Thank you, it worked! I’m surprised that it was so easy! :grinning: