[dead end] How to reduce the .exe file size?

As I said, trust my UFO experience. There are more people that are capable of that than you would expect. At least the people who will try to hack your game will know enough to recognize that.

Because I don’t want you to suffer and struggle for hours for trying to find a solution, only to find out that it was all for nothing.

ok. I understand what are you talkin about.
I’ve said it before, I know (and Valve also know) that the Steam DRM isn’t an anti piracy tool. it isn’t protect from crackers, but prevent the exe file run without Steam client. I just want this. nothing more.
and if its possible, to redistribute the required Chrome components without packing them INSIDE the executable (but just put next to it), than why not?

As I figured out without knowledge and without understanding what I was reading, this is a difference between Electron and NW.js. but I could easily be wrong.

If you send me an HTML build of your game in DM I can try to package it with nw.js for you if you want

thank you very much. the offer is kind from you. I upload the files into my GoogleDrive and send you the link.
but what I really need is not this kind of help. I mean you do my job instead of me. I should be able to do this task myself anytime in the future. for example today the Sream review reject my build due to controller support second time. so this build certainly not the last and final. some kind of walktrough or tutorial (in human language!!!) would be much more useful.

Sadly it seems you are using electron specific APIs, meaning your game will break on other platforms. You would need to remove any usage of the filesystem extension to be able to have your game on nw.js or something else. But I guess that would mean no cloud saves. You are stuck with electron I guess.

1 Like

thank you very much. I would never have figured that out. :open_mouth:
you helped me a lot despite the sad end result.