Card Game App GÖRTAN / Alpha is coming up soon

nice :slight_smile:
How do you delete players from the lobby/document when they quit the game without using a button who removes them?

This game looks insanely nice, I love the foil effects on the cards :slight_smile:

1 Like

i dont yet. my plan was to have a child “onlinetime” where i write the current timestamp of actions (login/chat). and periodically run a timestamp check on the gameside and use that to update the timestamp and remove docs with a timestamp that is older then X.

and thanks @greaterkazshae it also took an insanely amount of hours to get to this point :smiley:

i use p2p events now to handle the firestore documents.
when i enter the lobby, i ask via p2p if the player is online. if not, (no response), i remove the document or make status offline (not sure what i am gonna go with yet).
and repeat that for each user in the collection.
when asking for a duel and get no response, i reload the user document and ask again (to check if user where on and off in the meantime).

idk where the limit for p2p connections is, but i think, at least for now, i set a roomsize (firestore collections) to 10.

Okay thanks, I’m trying to make a two player game with only firebase and it seems to work with your mentioned timestamps, we’ll see :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lobby & chat is now working properly :slight_smile:
time to finish up a p2p duel!

6 Likes

i just had a real test with my brother. its working! and its not only working, the delay for p2p was way less then a second :smiley: from sweden to germany. it was just 2 user tho and not over the atlantic, but this will be more then enough for the purpose of a card game.

Im so happy right now :smile:
Alpha is comming out soon guys!

3 Likes

A sneak peak of the newest online feature, a must have for any TCG!

trade

Still some minor bugs, but i should be able to clean this up by tomorrow :smiley:

1 Like

Hello Slash, I’m working on an extension to handle ordered stacks of objects. As you are working on a card game, I was wondering if you have some insights on what can be tedious or features that might be missing to make a card game with GDevelop.
I made 2 examples:

• one really simple with a stock-discard rolling
  • a more complex one with a lot of stacks to do a Klondike

The projects can be downloaded from the extension thread: