Can I sell game templates?

I want to know if there is any rule against selling game templates made with gdevelop,I currently have game templates in the following categories:

1. 4 pics 1 word
  2. 1 pics 1 word
  3. Hangman style
    4.Multiple choice quiz

So I want to know if is okay to sell them and if I can create another “Game templates” topic

It’s okay to sell game templates :slight_smile:

It depends on the template. Some of them come with a license/licensed assets prohibiting that, but you should be good with the ones not made by Gametemplates. Note that even though this is allowed this is still very unethical to steal work from other and sell it.

4 Likes

Okay…most of the assets included in the templates were made by me and the one not made by me are labelled free to use for commercial purposes. All events implemented in the templates were made(put together) by me using gdevelop conditions and actions.

This is an example of the game templates

those kind of templates most user should be able to make themselves or get there rather fast with a couple of questions.
But you can sell them anyway, im sure there are some super impatient user, who might actually pay for this.

If you made the code and assets then it isn’t a template :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I think they mean “templates” as in “baseline game structure projects” they would then sell to other users who want to use to build games with GDevelop.

Basically, they made example projects they want to sell.

Ah I see. In this case yes it is totally ok and there is no problem with it. You probably need to sell them under a clear license though to allow the buyer to use them and declare what they are allowed to do or not with it :wink: