About the How do I...? category

Ask questions to get help using GDevelop and about game development in general.

3 Likes

If you want to post a question, we need some additional Informations to be able to help.

• What you want to do ?
  • What is the issue ?
  • Give a screenshot of the events

If the preview is black, stuck on the loading screen or frozen :

Press on the crashed preview Ctrl+Shift+I
A debugging menu should appear. Don’t press a second time, it sometimes takes some time to appear but pressing the key combination again will close it.
Go to the console tab, and send a screenshot of the output and most importantly the errors showing up in it.

These actions will help us a lot and spare time if you directly do this, instead of waiting for us to ask you for it.

If you want to ask a question (for example about something not working in your game), we need some context that could help understand what could have caused the problem. So please try to send a screenshot (not a photo of your screen) containing the events, so we can see what you did and understand the issue.

Thank you for following those advices!

7 Likes

and one more important thing: grammar and spelling.
you might give us as many info as we need, but to no avail if we don’t understand!
I know, English is a hard language, it isn’t the native language of mine too. surely I’m making many grammatical mistakes too. but please try to be understandable.

2 Likes

Is there some way to mark questions as answered? It would help others searching solutions rather than questions…

Edit: Having asked that question I notice some of the questions are prefixed with
[SOLVED]
So that could be the answer to my question.

1 Like

All these title with [Solved] are manually added by me in general because i check every thread. (Yeah i’m a bit crazy to check all post every days, but when you love you didn’t count the time.)
And when i see a solution or someone said “thank you it’s working” i edit the title.
I’ve asked to @4ian an addon for it i’ve found one but for now it’s manually since 1 years :’)

Fun fact after 1 year i can now write [Solved] without see my keyboard :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

just joined this community, thank you for making it awesome!