About color blindness

I am making a game where the player needs to be able to clearly distinguish between red, orange and green.
I am ignorant on the different forms of color blindness but it just occurred to me that this might be a problem.
I want to add an option for color blind people but I am usure to what colors to change each, if I should add multible options for differen forms of color blindness and if there is anything else to consider.
If anyone here has experience or is color blind themselve I would appreciate some help regarding this.
Edit: also, would it be possible to do this with filters? Do any for this exist already? How do you create new filter (effects?)

This site has a color blindness simulator at the bottom of each page when you search a color, so you can see how someone with that condition might perceive that particular hue. You may have different shades in mind, I just searched for the ones you mentioned.

I’m not sure about the filters or if you can create custom ones yet.

There’s this site as well
https://www.color-blindness.com/coblis-color-blindness-simulator/

2 Likes

Thanks.
Considering the huge spectrum of color blindness I think it might be best to let the users themselve choose the color.
Is it possible to optimize this for people with Monochromacy/Achromatopsia at all? I am thinking white/black/gray but would people with that form of color blindness even want to play something like this?

You’re welcome.

I have no idea about the optimization part and can’t say what games color blind people would play - I just knew of color hexa for other purposes and googled the other link. Sorry :slightly_frowning_face:

Patterns instead of colors is what I am thinking now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good solution :+1::smile: